New cat...am I being cruel?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
19Shazza93
New Cat Chatter

New cat...am I being cruel?

Post by 19Shazza93 »

Hi all
I've just rehomed an indoor bengal cross from a lovely lady. The lady runs a cattery and Pip (my cat) wasn't happy with all the kittens latching on to her. She lived with 4 other cats both between the house and the cattery.
I've had Pip a little over a week now, she cries constantly, yowls both throughout the day and night, shes super clingy, keeps urinating in the living room when I ignore her (I keep her litter box cleaned twice a day because she's picky) and she seems to be overgrooming.
Im concerned shes now lonely as shes the only cat in the house. She won't play with interactive toys on her own, I always said I wouldnt let her upstairs on a night but shes clawing my doors to get up there (she doesn't even bother with upstairs on a day time even though the doors are open unless I am up there).
I've bought her the same food she ate previously, shes spoiled for choice with toys. She has a mixture of catnip toys, wands, feathers, light toys, interactive ball chasing toys, treat puzzle toys (all which i rotate through) ....she has a cat tree, multiple beds in each room in a mixture of high and low places.

Is it cruel to keep her as a solo cat or will she settle down?

Edit: She is 3 and has always been an indoor cat. The previous owner said this behaviour isn't like her