stray cat about to birth

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
von
New Cat Chatter

stray cat about to birth

Post by von »

hi, I am in need of help, I live in Walsall contacted all the cat charities pdsa rspca and several cat leaques, but Walsall one just rings out, there is a cat fed by the locals extremely friendly but about to have kittens, I have cats of my own, but rely on my carers who help me with my own cats , who are well looked over, but this cat is being attacked by other ferrel cats, she followed me home and jumped in my window for food, my cats done the spitting ect, but I cannot find the heart to put her out for other cats to attack her, my carer says it is unfair on my cat, but I don,t know what to do , I am happy to keep her so is carer just the worry of kittens once 6 weeks , and she is about to give birth. and m carers are not to happy about trying to find them homes , she is a loving cat and carers say I can keep her they will have here done, and like my cats will be chipped registered with a vet , but it is the kittens, if I could have someone take them once they are 6 weeks , plz if mother and kittens can be helped if not just the kittens when they are 6 weeks old
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: stray cat about to birth - WALSALL

Post by Jacks »

Dear Von,
Thank you so much for taking in this little one, who has been left to stray and get into this condition. It sounds like she's a lovely cat and a little bit of hissing from your resident cat doesn't sound like a problem.
I don't run a rescue but there are lots of links to rescues on this site - there are also kind people who run cat rescues or look after kittens who do frequent the site. If you could edit your first post to put your location in the title that would be really helpful. I don't have any experience in this area but I wanted to encourage you and I'm sure others will be commenting once they are up!
claire_lee
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: stray cat about to birth

Post by claire_lee »

Whatever you do please don't advertise them free to good homes.

People often reply to these adverts who are looking for cats/kittens to act as bait for dog fighters so please don't advertise them for free. Hopefully you should be able to get some help from the local animal charities.
moira
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 16

Post by moira »

Any update? I've posted appeal on my FB page.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

I think it's really good of you to help this poor little mum. However, I do think six weeks is a bit young for the kittens to leave their mother. I would say at least 8/10 weeks would be soon enough.

No, don't advertise them free to 'good' homes. All sorts of unsavoury characters will be after them. Best to advertise them through your vet, or a cat magazine, or on here if that is allowed.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on and how the new mum is. :)