Wahoo .. You lovely people.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Wahoo .. You lovely people.

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

:) Remember my recent self pitying whinge about how I longed for another cat and my husband's refusal? Well, after reading and taking all your gentle comments on board,I conceded defeat and did not mention the subject of cat adoption again. The good news is, tonight he sat next to me on the sofa, a first in itself,we haven't shared a seat since 1989, and announced that, once lockdown is over, we get back to our full lives and more,but if still not happy being cat free by Christmas, we will adopt two middle aged indoor cats. No preference on breed etc. If the cats take to, need us they will be welcome to share our home. At my age,I know a few months is not long time to wait,but I will be honest with him should these feelings of longing pass. My heart is lighter, a compromise reached. Thank you for supporting me. :) :) issi
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Wahoo .. You lovely people.

Post by fjm »

Your husband sounds a treasure - well done to both of you for setting aside arguments and concentrating on understanding each other.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

So pleased to hear that
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Brilliant news, the secret to a long and happy marriage compromise, and how best to get it, what works for one won't work for another couple, but often something else does.

I am sure your feelings won't have changed by Christmas, but if they have then saying so is the right thing to do, but I have a feeling that by 2022 you will have a couple of happy middle aged cats, glad to be in a warm, loving home, instead of sat in a shelter while people choose the kittens next door to them.