Air Gun Petition

Your support is needed! • Please be aware some issues may be upsetting.
Jane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Air Gun Petition

Post by Jane » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm

This is a Cats Protection Petition calling for air gun licensing in England and Wales.

To you, Billy is a beautiful cat. To the person who shot him seven times, he was nothing but a target.

On average, nearly four cats a week are targeted with air guns in the UK. Billy was blinded but at least he survived. Almost half of all attacks are fatal.

On behalf of air gun victims like Billy, please take urgent action – sign our petition to stop unlicensed guns today. Currently, air guns in England and Wales are unlicenced. This means people intent on cruelty can legally get their hands on these lethal weapons.

Sign the petition here:

https://cats.e-activist.com/page/7153/petition/1

By signing our petition, you will pressure the Westminster government to follow Scotland and Northern Ireland where it is illegal to buy, own or use an air gun without a licence.

For the sake of cats like Billy, please sign our petition now

Thank you.
air-guns-petition.jpg
air-guns-petition.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

r3oc1x1d
New Cat Chatter

Re: Air Gun Petition

Post by r3oc1x1d » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Why don't we take it a step further and require licencing for kitchen and butter knives too? How else can we save all the kitties that are stabbed?

I shoot my air gun all the time but am extremely careful around my cat and would never even think of pointing it in his general direction.

The solution is proper education and more importantly, good parenting, rather than creating more pointless red tape and infringement of our freedom.

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Air Gun Petition

Post by bobbys girl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 pm

I will sign, but feel I must say that air rifles may be licensed here in NI, but it doesn't stop the trigger-happy nature of many folk around here. There needs to be education as well as licensing, and a robust system of punishment for infringement.