Crocodile killing - complaints to Channel 4

Your support is needed! • Please be aware some issues may be upsetting.
MooBag
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Crocodile killing - complaints to Channel 4

Post by MooBag » Mon May 19, 2014 10:43 am

If anyone would like to complain to Channel 4 about the cruel, needless, and inhumane killing of a crocodile on "The Island with Bear Gyrlls" for the purposes of 'entertainment' here's how:

Go here: http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Channle: Channel 4
Programme: The Island with Bear Gyrlls
Broadcast date: 12th May 2014

Needless to say, I have complained, (even though I didn't watch it, the trailer was barbaric enough for me!)
Any extra pressure might make them think twice before funding this sort of cruelty in future.
thank you!

Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Crocodile killing - complaints to Channel 4

Post by Janey » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am

I didn't know anything about this programme, but I have now complained.

MooBag
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by MooBag » Wed May 28, 2014 10:53 am

Following on from the complaints about the killing of the caiman crocodile, there is now a petition calling for Channel 4 to stop killing animals in the name of 'entertainment', as follows:

"On 12th May there was a programme called the Island with Bear Grylls, The programme premise is that men are flown out to an island to learn 'survival' skills. This programme showed a caiman (small crocodile type reptile) being caught, trussed and then killed in the most barbaric way, having a knife put through it's head whilst fully conscious. Complainants to Channel 4 have been fobbed off with inane responses. Please tell Channel 4 to STOP this barbaric and unnecessary animal abuse for entertainment and pledge nothing of this nature will be done again."

Sign the Petition Here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/604/416/ ... ment/#sign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
caiman.jpg
caiman.jpg (19.7 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
Complaints can also be made to OFCOM. The RSPCA are also contacting Channel 4 over this issue, in response to a number of complaints regarding the caiman slaughter.
Please cross post to any other animal-friendly forums, thank you!
Mandy
xx

Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey » Wed May 28, 2014 11:49 am

Signed.