The day I dreaded

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
saitken
New Cat Chatter

The day I dreaded

Post by saitken »

My beautiful Pickle was knocked down by a car on Saturday, she was only 2.

I have suffered greatly during lockdown with very bad anxiety and have been off work for 6 months. Pickle really got my through this. She was such a special cat.

I have let her down. I should have protected her. I just want her back.

I really dont know how to deal with this - when i was very ill i dreaded this - i was terrified. And it happened. Why now. Am just back to work and beginning to feel healthier.

She really was the most beautiful gentle cat. Hardly ever on the road either and then this happens. It was me that let her out that morning, i should have kept her in. I just want her back x
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: The day I dreaded

Post by fjm »

I am so sorry. It was an accident - short of keeping her indoors, never letting her jump, never letting her play, never letting her be a cat, there was no way you could have avoided the risk of accidents. You did not let her down - a horrible, unfortunate concatenation of circumstances took her from you, and that is desperately sad, but you must not blame yourself. You loved her, she loved you, and you gave her the best life you possibly could. A split second either way and everything might be different, but that split second was beyond your control...

Be kind to yourself. Pickle is still beside you in spirit. She loved you, and nursed you through some very hard times - I do not think she want you to be so overwhelmed by guilt now.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: The day I dreaded

Post by Mollycat »

So sorry for your loss. It's so hard isn't it when they are so young and full of life. But as fjm says, a safe life is no life at all. I'm sure if you could have asked Pickle she would have told you her life was full of excitement, wonder and joy. It's not your fault.