Please don’t judge me

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Please don’t judge me

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi I am sure ,many regulars on this website ,know my story ,I lost my Bertie four years ago ,
He was only seven ,that is something I am having trouble accepting ,I thought we had more time, together ,and Bertie was cruelly taken from me , I have experienced many cat losses,
But this one is different ,it’s because I feel so cheated ,and bitter about it all ,and feel ,
That’s the reason ,I cannot fully heal ,and let go , losing Bertie has been devastating ,
And almost destroyed me , often people have posted ,that I must be mentally ill ,
But the truth is I am grieving , for my best friend ,my sunshine ,my whole world ,
I cannot control my feelings and emotions ,are I am not ,looking for sympathy ,just
Support and understanding ,till I heal ,my family ,haven’t supported me ,and that’s .
Before Covid ,so I look for support ,here ,I am sure ,I am not the only person ,too have
Had a loss ,like mine , it’s just taken ,longer than expected , Bertie and I had a bond .
Like no other ,he was one special cat , so please don’t judge me ,
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Please don’t judge me

Post by Mollycat »

Bertie, in my opinion anyone has the right to engage with you or not, but nobody has any right to judge you and bully you online regardless of their own experiences, coping ability, emotional state or anything else. Nobody here is qualified to diagnose you, and nobody should ever look down on anyone else for handling grief differently. If they don't feel able to offer you support, they can always scroll on by. I have done myself many times since I joined, because at those moments I haven't felt able to be helpful.

I have often felt there are conversations I'd love to have with you. Your stuckness interests me, I just know there is more to your story and I'd love to be able to help you find it. But I don't have the resources to focus on another person at the moment, and boundaries are important. I need to preserve my own health at the moment, for myself and for my family, of two legs and four. We have taken a battering in recent years and every time we get close to picking ourselves up, we get thrown back even further.

In the meantime, can you tell us more about Bertie, about his story with you, where he came from, what he loved best, paint a picture for us of who he really was and how he was so special, how he used to make you laugh and melt your heart. Help us get to know Bertie. Please.