Meet Bertie

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Meet Bertie

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Bertie was born in 2010 ,along with his brother Basil ,I adopted him ,from cats protection ,
As a four month old kitten , I knew he was special from the start ,he had only one. Eye ,
He lost the other ,too an act of cruelty ,or cowardice as I call it ,someone had hurt him ,
He had a strong fear of men , but he was ok with me , and we had a bond ,silly I know.
But I am sure ,Bertie read and understood my moods ,when I was sad or happy ,Bertie was .
Too ,he was amazing with me after my mum died ,laid by my side ,when I was sad ,and
He was trouble from the start ,it was like having a toddler with fur ,he was super .intelligent.
Could do anything ,he could turn a paw to ,he used too turn the place upside down ,I often
Awoke ,too find the place a right mess , always tidying up ,still he always made me laugh ,
And loved too play fetch , like he was a dog , I have many memories of him ,life was never dull , and I loved him like no other cat ,before him , and I have had many ,no I just wish ,
We could have had more years ,but I am thankful and blessed too ,have him for 7 years ,
And will cherish the memories ,he left me ,
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Meet Bertie

Post by Mollycat »

Thank you, he sounds really amazing and so sensitive, he must have been such a great comfort to you especially after losing your mum. I'm so sorry, that's a lot of loss in a short time. Were you and your mum very close? And what about Basil, does he try to give you some comfort now?
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Meet Bertie

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi molly cat ,thanks for your reply ,and sorry it’s been a while ,I have been busy ,trying,
Too focus on the positive things ,that Bertie brought into my life ,you see I have made ,
A playlist on my iPad ,just for my Bertie ,I feel music is perfect ,for expressing your feelings,
And love ,anyway it’s 67 songs and counting ,yes Bertie was larger than life ,and he
Helped me through so much ,my mum loved him very much ,I cannot help laughing ,when I
Remember my mum kissed him on the head ,and for the rest of the day ,he had bright red
Lipstick on his head ,lol ,I have many memories I cherish ,and hold dear ,till we meet again ,
Basil at first was unsettled , but four years on ,I have too say I haven’t seen him more
Happy or content ,Bertie was the one who ruled ,the roost , the boss ,but now everything
Belongs too Basil ,including me lol. No Basil has been my rock through all this ,I’d be
Lost without him ,

Take care and thanks again