Cfur

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Metal_Gear_Panda
New Cat Chatter

Cfur

Post by Metal_Gear_Panda »

Hi,

Just wanted to write something about my darling Cfur, who we lost in December last year. I know it's now August, but even still when I look at pictures of her my heart aches.

We rescued Cfur at 4 weeks old from an abusive and possibly life threatening situation and brought her into our house, and my life and my heart, I was 12 years old at the time. We already had a cat, his name was Tommy and he was a brute of a cat, big, ginger and white, and angry all of the time, but Cfur melted his heart as much as she did ours, this was in about 1996/97.

After that we had many happy times with her, I have the fondest memories of her.

She gradually started to go downhill late last year, the vet was astounded that she was still in such good condition for her age, at this point she was 17. She then deteriorated at a rapid pace from about the middle of November, her legs went away from her, and she couldnt get about as much, but my mum and dad were not ready for her to go just then. She then made a recovery although we knew she couldnt bounce completely back, we thought we might have another year or so with her.

Then on the 27th December she lost vision in one eye, and couldnt see to walk down the stairs in our house, my mum and dad then made the hardest decision of all to take her to the vet for her to go to the rainbow bridge. I was and still am distraught but I knew it was the kindest decision we could have ever made. At 17 and a half, she had a full and happy life.

Sorry for rambling on, I just havent spoken to anyone about it in any depth.

We got Cfur cremated and have her in a urn in our front garden, some may say it's morbid, but it honestly brings a smile to my face whenever I see it.

So to my Cfur, my ceese, I miss you every day, in every way, but you came into my life as a bundle of grey and white fluff with the smallest legs I have ever seen. You left my life as my furry life mate who I could always talk to if I needed sound advice, (or rather a purr and a lick of the hand). I dont think I'll ever find another one like you.

xxxxxx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Cfur

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello and welcome to CC.

We all understand how you feel, it is never an easy decision to make. But you have to think about the little one. You gave her a second chance and, by the sound of it, a very good life. Now she is at RB playing with our lost friends.

You ramble away! You are among friends
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cfur

Post by Crewella »

That is a good age, lived as a loved and happy cat, and you made the hardest but kindest decision for her at the end. I'm so sorry, I know how it feels to live with a cat-shaped hole in your life. It's lovely that you brought her home - I would feel the same as you do. (((hugs)))