Broken hearted

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Louissmum
New Cat Chatter

Broken hearted

Post by Louissmum »

We recently lost our beloved Louis. I never imagined how hard it would be. I can't stop crying, literally breaking down in random places. It hurts so much and nobody (except my spouse) understands the pain I'm feeling (because it's jus a cat and I have two more) I don't have children. I have 3 cats (now 2) and they are my babies. Louis was my first and the bond we shared was something I've never had before. It was an deep,unconditional, easy,trusting love. We adored each other. I miss everything about her, all the little things, I can't bare it and feel like I'm losing my mind. Hoping she'll walk back into my life. I can't function, I walk around like a zombie. I went to the doctor who gave me some time off work. How am I supposed to get over her? She was my everything. I hate that I'm just expected to move on. I know I'll have to of course but it feels so unfair.
I came across this forum and decided to get it off my chest as I've nowhere else to turn.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Broken hearted

Post by Kay »

most of us on here understand the pain of your loss

what has helped me when I have had to face life without a beloved cat is to move my thoughts back to the time I shared with them, and away from the present without them - collecting photos to put on the computer to remind me of happier days, having a special photo to turn into a canvas print to put up on the wall, planting a shrub or pot in remembrance are all things I have done which helped in the short term, and continue to give me pleasure for many years afterwards

we have to accept that we will outlive many pets in our lifetime, but we know the pleasure of sharing our lives with them, however briefly, far outweighs the pain of losing them - I know it doesn't feel like that now, but it will when the rawness of your loss begins to wear off
shaughnessyjade
New Cat Chatter

Post by shaughnessyjade »

I lost my cat 2 days ago! I can’t stop crying I have 2 other cats and looking at them hurts me so much more wondering how there feeling! My mind is so tormented I go to sleep holding his Collar I start crying no soon as I open my eyes, I just can’t focus being at home just drives me insane I know things will get easier but at the minute I just don’t see it, my hearts broken I sit in the kitchen and cry on the floor where he would eat his food, even down to cleaning the litter trays I cried as I new once I cleaned it there was nothing left of him I’m going out my mind 😢
ladymissk
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by ladymissk »

Hi there, I lost my Cat Milo a week ago to the day, I know exactly how you are feeling and I send my love and sympathy. I dont think there are any words that help, only that it does get easier, but just grieve....ignore what some people say there is no time limit for grieving. I cant even bring myself to change the duvet cover where he left a muddy paw print last week...In time we will remember them with a smile x