Our 2 year old male cat died

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
tkrolak
New Cat Chatter

Our 2 year old male cat died

Post by tkrolak »

Our cat named wesley died after her had surgery for linear foreign object. He ate a rather long string but i didnt know until he started throwing up and part of the strinfg was sticking out of his mouth. It cut off at his mouth. We took him to vet. They performed a 3 hour surgery on him and made seven internal cuts. They said they were concerned that his stomach wasnt functioning
We took him home but he wouldnt eat so they told us to push food thru syringe. We took him back to vet and the food wasnt being digested. They sucked stuff back out and told us to no longer to push the food. They gave him a drug for motility and called it ileus. He has some black stuff coming out of his mouth and nose but they didnt say anything about it. Well nothing worked and today he was wheezing he wanted to go outside so i took him out and then brought him in. A little later he started acting weird and throw up a bunch of black liquid and died. Took him to vet and they said then he was septic. We spent 4500 dollars on the vet. Could have spent more by taking him to stay in hospital. I would do it over again because i was trying to save him

We feel guilt for not being good parents..we miss him dearly. He filled a void in my wife and I especially for my wife who is not from here and gets bored and grew up around alot of cats..wesley didnt like to cuddle much and would get mad and it would frustrate her. But this was all part of his personality. We loved him dearly. Would like another cat because there is a void in us but that would sound like we were replacing wesley which i dont want to do. I want to forget but its to avoid pain. We are so sad. We are so struggling with grief.
Lynneandrea1
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Our 2 year old male cat died

Post by Lynneandrea1 »

My heart goes out to you. I know the feeling so well, I am also devastated at the loss of Harvey 13/01/22, my friend for almost 15 years. I am struggling so much at the moment, finding it so hard to function. It is heartbreaking. I hope the pain has lessened for you. You will never forget, but it will get easier.