Heartbroken and lost

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Clairec
New Cat Chatter

Heartbroken and lost

Post by Clairec »

I just signed up and replied to another post but don't feel I am in a position to say anything to anyone other than I am in total and utter hell having just had to put down my boy who has been our rock, ruled our lives and our house for 16 years and been a unique and exceptional part of our lives. We found him in our dustbin he was 5 weeks old and we've adored him ever since and the pain is unbearable. It's only been 3 days so raw doesn't even go there. I still hear him, can feel him and just want him here. We go out to try and keep busy but coming home is unbearable. I know it will get better and I know he's running around like a kitten again but nothing helps. My heart and thoughts are with everyone else going through this
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Heartbroken and lost

Post by fjm »

And mine are with you. Be kind to yourselves and each other - grief hurts, but little by little it does become easier to bear.
FindlaysDad
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Heartbroken and lost

Post by FindlaysDad »

Hi Claire I hope you are coping. I looked at the date and see you are recently bereaved just as I am. God it’s hard but what a life. Discovered in your dustbin and 16years of joy. I always feel with things like that fate was bringing this gift to you so that you could pour the love into that special furry bundle. Those bundles are small but do they leave their paw marks on our hearts? My fella used to sit on the kitchen windowsill at some point during the night because part of the morning ritual was to wipe the marks off………tomorrow they won’t be there and I know I will long for them. So many stories echo how raw I feel at this moment. Xxx