I still haven’t excepted my loss

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

I still haven’t excepted my loss

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi it’s been almost five years since I lost my dear Bertie ,he was only seven years old ,and
Full of life ,right up to the end ,he was my whole world ,my everything ,and saying goodbye
And letting go is so hard to do ,I feel like I am stuck in limbo ,I am desperate to feel normal
Again .but it’s easier said than done ,I just cannot let go , I understand for many on this website ,that they loss is ,new and raw ,and my thoughts are with them ,I often feel that people just don’t understand why after so long ,? I am still grieving ,and often I feel that they sympathy is gone ,now I am not asking for pity ,no just a shoulder to cry on and never too be
Judged by my feelings .often peoples opinions are so cruel even on this website ,I shouldn’t have to explain myself ,too some people who should understand ,how I am feeling ,of course
I am having a good days ,but I feel my grief journey isn’t at the end ,some day it will ,
But till then ,I will miss my Bertie ,live each day ,wishing I could bring back the good and
Carefree days, the one with Bertie by my side ,but I know that will never be ,
But it doesn’t stop me longing for it .
FindlaysDad
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: I still haven’t excepted my loss

Post by FindlaysDad »

I just read your message and having just lost my best friend today I understand how you feel. My baby was my third cat but my second adopted me as a stray fella. He turned up and decided he was going to be with me. I always felt the fact that he chose me was such a privilege. He was a character indeed all three of my cats have had unique personalities. It’s the fact they are their own special personalities that makes me adore cats. I list that stray fella to cancer at the age of 18 and that was 12 years ago. Even now my heart aches when I remember him and today has reopened that would. Over the last few years humanity has lost all sense of reason and as that’s happened I’ve retreated into the world of animals. For me animals have a simplicity humans could learn from. We heal differently my friend to grieve for a long time is normal. I’ve never stopped grieving because each cat has left an indelible mark on my life. My hope is that when I finally pass they will be there to welcome me. Don’t despair your grief is natural. There is no set time to recover and your grief shows your empathy. Stay strong.