Saying Goodbye

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Katie
New Cat Chatter

Saying Goodbye

Post by Katie »

Hi everyone...

This is my first post here. My beautiful Violet was taken to the vets on Friday and there's a high suspicion of oral cancer, prognosis not good 4 to 8 weeks. This type of cancer is aggressive and nasty.

There's an extremely slim chance its a mouth infection, she would have been in alot of pain so she has had meds to give her comfort and is going back to the vets on the 24th. If there's no improvement or it's the same, it's defo cancer.

She's a little old lady at 18 and we love her so much, shes so gentle and loving.

These days until the 24th are torture. Keep swinging from the vets made a mistake, she's fine to shes in distress we need to make an appt earlier. It's breaking our hearts. Being around her is bittersweet.
phil-63
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Saying Goodbye

Post by phil-63 »

I'm going through the same at the moment and i hope it is a mouth infection.I'll be praying and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Katie
New Cat Chatter

Post by Katie »

Yes...it was reading your post that I inspired me to join.
It's heart wrenching isnt it? How is Flash now?

All the signs are there for Violet, she's lost weight, not herself, her beautiful black fur is falling out. She comes for cuddles and purrs, all I can do is tell her how much I love her.
phil-63
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by phil-63 »

I think its the frustration that you cant do anything.It made me struggle to eat for a few days i just couldn't sit still. I hope they get back to you before the 24th and then you know for sure what it is and if there is any options.Flash has lost weight but hasnt vomited hardly these last 3 days and has just ate his food and i gave him a few teaspoons of yogurt.I think when you take them him cancer diagnosis is always lurking in your mind but when the vet actually says it still an absolute shock it doesn't prepare you. They're so innocent and dont know what bad or wrong is and i know how unfair it is. To see them ill is devastateing and trust me i know every emotion your going through.