George

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Lucymitch88
New Cat Chatter

George

Post by Lucymitch88 »

I was given George as a secret Santa present from a girl at. Work 12 years ago. Last December I was told he had severe heart failure and he only has 3-6 months. That broke my heart then, and I have been dreading the time coming where I have to say goodbye, he’s done so well and carried on like normal, I think I thought deep down he would keep going for longer

Last Friday he started to go down hill and after a visit to the vets Tuesday she said the kindest thing to do now will be to send him to sleep as his heart is so bad it isn’t going to give him much time doing anything.

George is being put to sleep on Friday and I have never felt pain like this in my life I can’t stop crying, I just want to hug him and be with him but where he isn’t feeling himself now he has distanced himself which I am finding even more difficult as he is the most affectionate cat.

I’m heartbroken and the thought of Friday makes me feel physically sick, and the pain of not having him around after Friday I almost can’t comprehend it. He has been my whole world and my sole companion for 11 years, my flat is going to be so lonely and I honestly don’t know what to do with myself right now.
phil-63
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: George

Post by phil-63 »

I'm truly sorry your facing this it feels impossible to deal with. I lost my cat flash a month ago and i to live alone but never felt one bit alone when he was here.I felt sick and couldn't eat when i'd made the appointment to let him go. Flash started to distance himself a bit and it does hurt a little but it's what cats do and you know he loves you.I'm not crying now but i think of him most of the day.It's so hard because you want to help them and you can't.I'll be thinking of you and im truly sorry your facing this.
Lucymitch88
New Cat Chatter

Post by Lucymitch88 »

Thank you for your reply, I’m sorry to hear about Flash! Sadly my beautiful boy had to be put to sleep last night early, it’s the most horrendous thing I have ever gone through and I feel devastated George had to go through that at the end. I can not believe the pain I feel today I have never felt anything like it
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

I am so sorry - the grief can be devastating. Be kind to yourself, try to find people who understand, and don't let anyone try to tell you he "was just a cat" - George was a friend whose life has been interwoven with yours for many years, and losing such a friend is very hard. I hope that when the first shock passes you will be able to remember the many happy times you had together, and not the trauma of these last days.
Lucymitch88
New Cat Chatter

Post by Lucymitch88 »

Thank you xxxx