Cosmic - Passed away 19/09/14

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
jo23672
New Cat Chatter

Cosmic - Passed away 19/09/14

Post by jo23672 »

Yesterday I lost my beloved cat, Cosmic. He was 12 years old. He had recently been diagnosed with early stage kidney failure, but the vet said this could be managed with medication. He had been doing so well and appeared fine on Thursday night when my husband and I went to bed, but yesterday morning when we went to give him his medication he wasn't breathing.

I feel like I will never get over Cosmic's passing. I'd had him in my life for 12 years and he was my baby. To me, losing him feels worse than losing a human friend or relative.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cosmic - Passed away 19/09/14

Post by hgale »

Hi Jo, I'm sorry to hear about Cosmic.

I had my Mischa put to sleep in February when she started kidney failure when she was 19, and although I now have another cat, I still miss her as well as my other cats that I have lost.

Give yourself as much time as you need to grieve for him, he was a member of your family as much as any person.

Enjoy Rainbow Bridge, Cosmic and a {hug} for you Jo.

Helen and Denver
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

Hi Jo. I lost my 16 year old (Rudi) a female a year ago this month. The heartbreak in the weeks after her passing was almost unbearable. I eventually gave a rescue cat a home (that's her in the photo). But not a day goes by that I don't think of Rudi. The heart ache will ease with time but the good memories will always be with you. Bless you and Cosmic.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, it's awful to lose a cat so suddenly like that. I lost a cat to the road a couple of months ago and I still ache when I think of her, though it is more of a dull ache now and is more bearable. If it helps, plant something in his honour or put up a photo of him somewhere to help you to remember the good times together. (((hugs)))

RIP little Cosmic, you were much loved. xx
jo23672
New Cat Chatter

Post by jo23672 »

Thank you all for your kind messages of support. Having this forum to post on helps me to know that there are other people out there who are going through the same emotions as I am and it makes me feel less alone.

I've framed a lovely professional photo we had taken of Cosmic last year and it now has pride of place in our bedroom, so he is the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning. The photo is a real comfort to me.
Attachments
20140921_144654~2_resized_1.jpg
20140921_144654~2_resized_1.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

How lovely - what a beautiful cat. He looks a real character too.

You'll still miss him, and there will always be a place in your heart for him, but it will get better. xx
HeatherG3000
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by HeatherG3000 »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We had to put our 1 yr old baby to sleep on Thursday 18th and the weekend has been almost unbearable. I keep expecting to see his little face in every room and keep imagining he is just outside playing. It is horrible and I compeltely understand your feelings - they are our family. Like Cosmic, Henry was our baby! We miss him terribly. Your photo is beautiful and you will never forget his little personality. Cats truly are gods amongst us mere humans! Heehee!

Sending you lots of love at this difficult time x
pcb75
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by pcb75 »

Sorry to hear about your loss. I completely understand how you feel as ours was taken away suddenly and the shock is hard to bear. It was 3 weeks ago and things do get better, but we still miss him of course, as will you but the hurt will eventually turn into fond memories of your cat.
Thinking of you at this difficult time, rip cosmic.
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Jo, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Love the photo. We did something similar with our Luna 3 years ago.

You are in the right 'place' to slowly accept what has happened. We have all lost our furry friends at some stage, and can totally understand how you must be feeling.

RIP puss cat xx
Diana
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Diana »

Hi Jo. What a handsome chap you had.

I am sorry for your loss and we call all relate. Losing our pets feels like we have broken in two and the hurt feels like it wont end. But in time I can assure you that you will start to remember the great times you had and slowly forget about that awful day and focus solely on the many years you had together.

RIP handsome chap x
jo23672
New Cat Chatter

Post by jo23672 »

I've just received Cosmic's ashes back from the vet. They're in a lovely little casket with a brass plaque with the words 'Cosmic - much loved cat' engraved on it.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Jo. I am sorry for the loss of your lovely boy.

We have all 'been there' and know how you are feeling. It does get easier and although there is always a sadness, the happy memories are there to help you through.

RIP Cosmic