House sale with cats buried in garden

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
RonShirt
New Cat Chatter

House sale with cats buried in garden

Post by RonShirt »

This isn't a very cheerful topic but I suddenly had the thought that what would happen if I died suddenly (I live on my own) and my house was sold. There are at least three cats buried in the garden, one of which is very recent and the other two within the last 10 years.

The new owners might very well dig them up, either accidentally or because they wouldn't want them there.
I suppose I would need to exhume them and either re-bury them somewhere else or have what was left of them cremated or disposed of in some other way.

Dos anyone have any other ideas?

Regards,

Ron
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: House sale with cats buried in garden

Post by Kay »

I have 2 cats buried in my garden, and have a memorial granite slab over their graves, which I make sure are not obscured by bushes

so anyone living here after me will know they are there
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: House sale with cats buried in garden

Post by bobbys girl »

You have got me thinking.... I really don't know what anyone moving into this house (in the dim and distant future) would think. We have 3 dogs and 4 cats buried here. 2 of the cats are not even ours! :roll:

But we did bury them as deep as we could and they are marked with shrubs and memorial stones. If someone really objected (nowt as queer as folk) they would only have to move the stones. The only time I could see there being a problem is if someone wanted to build a swimming pool - and that ain't going to happen in wildest Fermanagh! :lol:

If you really could bear to move them, You could perhaps re-bury them, together, very deep.

I still remember moving into a house and finding a memorial stone to 'Sheila, a tiny scrap of dog'. As far as I know it is still there. It became (unmoved) part of our rock garden. Years later I met a lady who was the daughter of the person who owned 'Sheila'. She said she couldn't wait to tell her mum, as it was something that had bothered her over the years.