RIP Marvin

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
oxfordmark
New Cat Chatter

RIP Marvin

Post by oxfordmark »

Hey

I used to post on here but my account got deleted. Anyway, 5 year old Marvin who I'd posted about before (deep cut hind, deviated tailbone) was found dead by me just outside the back door.

It was odd because he didn't appear when I got home, it wasn't until an hour later I was concerned and opened the back door to find him lieing there.

He had started to stiffen and there was fluid from his rear. No sign of injury, I think it was natural causes.

He was laid down as if he was on an operating table, facing towards the house, as though he was heading to the catflap and collapsed.

He leaves behind his twin, Jaffa. I'm gutted and upset, he was such a living, scared cat. They all have there own characteristics. The top step where he used to sleep looks so empty :(

RIP Marvin xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: RIP Marvin

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Marvin, it must have been horrible to find him like that. Thankfully, it does sound as if he didn't suffer and, as you say, was on his way home.

Rest in peace lovely Marvin. xx
oxfordmark
New Cat Chatter

Post by oxfordmark »

Well its the morning after, so sad not seeing him on the 2nd to last stair. Were going to bury him soon.

My partner spoke to her friend who's a vet, and said it was probably heart related. Never had a cat die at home and I've have 6 including Marvin and his surviving brother.

We always thought it would be the other cat that wouldn't come home, or be hit by a car as he tends to go over the road.

Although Marvin didn't, he'd had some nasty incidents. A deep cut to the back of his leg, resulting in a plaster cast for a week, then I noticed a lump and he had a bone deviate, the vet thought maybe he'd been kicked.

Miss him so much
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I'm sorry to hear about Marvin. We lost our Cassidy in similar circumstances - it's horrible isn't it? :(

Take some comfort that he went quickly. RIP little one.
Gemma
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Gemma »

So sorry to hear about your boy Marvin, must of been such a shock to find him like that. Sounds like he was trotting home for his dinner and must of been very quick.
Hope your doing ok, but strange them not being around. We lost our girl penny a month ago and I still hate coming down in the morning to an empty kitchen :(
X
Rachael_Shadz
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rachael_Shadz »

Hi Marvin, so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that it would have been quick and was nothing you could have done anything about and that you found him the same day. It is hard, I still look at the spot my Shadow slept in my room and imagine he is there. Here's hoping you are feeling better soon. Give his twin lots of love and hugs x