My darling Alice

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
JulieJulie
VIP Cat Chatter!

My darling Alice

Post by JulieJulie »

I just wanted to post her in memory of my darling Alice who was helped along to the Rainbow Bridge this week around 11.30am on Tuesday 4th November. Alice was a gorgeous black and white princess.

I was so lucky to have had Alice for 9 wonderful years. She was a rescue, they thought she was 8, which would have made her 17 years old. She had been in the council cattery for 6 months after her previous mummy died. She had been a flat cat until she came to live with me and after a while she got the hang of the cat flap and enjoyed pootling around and sunbathing in our garden. A friend had originally taken her in but didn't care for her properly so after a few weeks I catnapped her, even though I was not supposed to have any more cats because people told me I had 'too many' but in my heart there was always room for 'one more'.

Alice was the most gentle, loyal and devoted, headstrong, determined cat. She forgave me being clumsy and sometimes kicking her by accident, she knew I would never in a million years hurt her intentionally.

Alice looked fantastic for her age, sleek coat, bright eyes and in great condition. Only the last few months did that ever change. She felt the cold and used to sleep next to my pillow or wrapped around my head to warm up. Any visitors in the spare room would soon find her curled up with them, she loved company. She used to wake me up in the night and eventually I worked out that this was because she was cold and so she got her very own heat pad which she loved. That was 'her spot' on top of the chest of drawers which she loved. She wasn't impressed moving from a single cat household into our little clan, so special adaptations had to be made to keep her happy - she had her own litter tray, food and water bowls upstairs and she was then much happier. She used to wander around the house and garden when all the others were snoozing in the afternoon - that was 'her time'.

She was brave and headstrong to very end, demanding to go out into the garden and getting through the cat flap with her last reserves of energy (hotly pursued by me of course to make sure she didn't wander off or get into trouble or leave my sight.) She seemed a bit lost those last few days, she stopped eating and eventually drinking. Even when I tried to syringe feed her, she found the strength to bat me away with her paw and when finally she stopped drinking and her back legs failed her I knew it was time to call the vet.

Alice passed away with no resistance on 'her spot' on the sofa, with mummy kissing her head and telling her she loved her and to wait for her at the Rainbow Bridge.

Alice, Mummy misses you, loves you and is so grateful that she had you.

xxxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: My darling Alice

Post by Crewella »

That's a lovely memorial to a much loved cat - she sounds a real character.

Rest in peace lovley Alice. xx
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Alice was a very lucky girl to have so much love in her life, you gave her one final act of kindness, for which I am sure she would thank you deeply, bless you, and how fitting that she went peacefully, in her favourite spot, with you at her side ....play happily at the Bridge Alice, out of pain with my darling boy 'CC' and all of our others for company....xx

RIP lovely Alice...x
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

A touching memorial to your lovely girl. From your description, I feel I knew her.

RIP Alice - 'til we meet again. x
JulieJulie
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieJulie »

Thankyou so much. I hope our furry Angels are all playing nicely together whilst they wait patiently to eventually be re-United with us at the Rainbow Bridge. Even though I have still got 8 cats I miss Alice dearly. I put out an extra bowl last night until I realised what I had done....)-:
She always used to run to the front door to meet me too. That is hard each time I come home now. I am writing in my diary everything about her so I never forget.

I am not planning to get any more cats but then you never do, do you.....even my vet said they just seem to "find me"....
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

A lovely tribute to your much loved girl. I completely understand that boond, having lost my rescue cat Alice last December, She was with us for 6 years and like your Alice, plodded along until the last few days when her back legs went - also a similar age.