Goodbye my little girl

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Patrick
New Cat Chatter

Goodbye my little girl

Post by Patrick »

Hi I just joined today because on Saturday I lost my little girl Lulu, she was a nine year old little black cat. She got I'll so quick and we brought her to the vets and she had kidney damage and two lumps on her liver, we decided to giver her chance to fight for what ever time she had left, she came home Saturday from spending two nights in the vet and then we realise our little girl was gone, no purrs or no little prups, so we decided to let her go there and then, the vet said she did not fight them because she could be a feisty little girl. I'm just so sad and angry that I did not see this coming, that I did not notice that Lulu was so sick. After nine years it's so hard to let go of her. :cry:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Goodbye my little girl

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Patrick,

I'm so sorry for you loss. We all know how it feels to have a kitty-shaped hole in your life, it's horrible. :cry:

RIP Lulu, you left us too soon. Play happily at RB, my Cassidy will look after you.

Sue x
Patrick
New Cat Chatter

Post by Patrick »

Thank you Sue, I have had cats all my life and each one is different in so many ways, yea there is def a hole left, I'd give a lot to see a little face at the door once again.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Patrick wrote:I'd give a lot to see a little face at the door once again.
.I know what you mean. Two of my cats Poppy and Lily just vanished without trace.

They both came to us in need. Poppy had enteritis and Lily was pregnant. They were both the sweetest, good-natured cats you could imagine (unlike our little prima donna's :roll: ). We fixed them up, they both stayed 6mths, then, gone! I like to think they came to us for help and then went 'home'. But to what sort of home? Both would peep around the door before coming in, not like our 3 girls who stride in like they own the place - which in fact they do. :lol:

I still miss those little faces peeping around the door.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Patrick - they do leave a big hole in your heart when they go. (((hugs)))

Please don't be too hard on yourself. Cats are very, very good at hiding the fact that they are not feeling well or in pain. Many of us here have kicked ourselves for missing something when a cat hasn't been well - you're not alone.

Rest in peace little Lulu.
connie
New Cat Chatter

Post by connie »

Patrick, from a Scot living on a wee island in the Pacific, I send you heartfelt sympathy. I'm trying to get over the recent loss of my little girl, who was due to present me with her first family. I was over the moon, till I was asked if it was her at the side of the road. It was. She came into my garden some months ago and it took a long time to gain her trust, but when I did, the love and joy she gave was unbelievable. I'm elderly and live alone, and there's a big aching space where my heart should be. Please accept an understanding hand....agus slainte. Connie
Patrick
New Cat Chatter

Post by Patrick »

Thank you for your kind words . Connie I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sure she would made a great home and it's so sad that what happened to her when she found a loving home. I have read a lot about cats spirits coming back to show that they are ok, I wonder has anyone witnessed it.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Patrick wrote:I have read a lot about cats spirits coming back to show that they are ok, I wonder has anyone witnessed it.
Not cats but something weird happened after our Lurcher, Katie, died. A few weeks after she died my OH had to go over to England (family 'stuff').

I was sitting watching TV one evening when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. It looked like a dog walking past the doorway. I thought it was Rosie (our other dog) but noticed she was asleep on the other side of the room. It happened twice more while Dave was away.

I told him when he got home, (felt a bit silly really) but he just said 'yeh, that was Kate. I told her to keep an eye on you all'. :shock: