Go Play My little Hachi

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
chikakat
Returning Cat Chatter

Go Play My little Hachi

Post by chikakat »

My little boy went to the Rainbow Bridge on Monday 17 Nov - he was killed in an RTA, the person who killed him put him in a bin bag and left him in her bin and on Tuesday 18 Nov the council was called and he was 'disposed off'. After spending 3 days looking for him and flyers in letter boxes, this morning I received a telephone call from the police to say they have found my cat as the driver finally called them to provide me of his passing

What I am devastated about is that I do not have his body to bury or cremated or even have his collar and id tag to keep. The lack of empathy from the driver and the council in not using his collar id and id chip to inform me of his passing.

Hachi was just two full of life and taken away too early - thank you for the one year I have had you my little prince, when I adopted you from the shelter you looked at me with your cheeky face and I fell in love. Your brother Nanuk, Kiki, Minoes and I misses you. Play and annoy Chika and eat your yummy tuna at the Rainbow Bridge and wait for me
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Go Play My little Hachi

Post by AhmedUK »

I am very sorry to hear of your loss - it must be difficult to get some closure given the circumstances of his passing away.

I hope you can hold onto the good memories you have him.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. What a horrible thing to happen.

I've read and re-read your post and I just can't believe how heartless some people can be. :x

RIP Hachi, play happily at the Bridge 'til we meet again.

(Hugs) to you chikakat. x
chikakat
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by chikakat »

I'd just woke and felt a great sadness that I will never see and touch my beautiful little boy anymore - he was so young and I will never see him mature into the handsome boy he would have been. As tears run down my eyes I can feel my heart breaking again.
Will this pain and anger ever go?
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

I'm so sorry Chikakat, I just can't believe how heartless some people are.

Please give yourself more time to grieve. 1 day after you were told is no time at all, especially considering what happened. It took me a lot longer to mourn my Kitten and Mischa - and both of them passed at the Vets. It is normal to feel this way, don't worry.

RIP at Rainbow Bridge dear Hachi. And a big {hug} to you Chikakat.
chikakat
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by chikakat »

Thank you for all your kind words - it is just that I did not even get the chance to say goodbye or bring him home to rest is devastating - the guilt that as his guardian I could not even do that.
katewilkey
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by katewilkey »

RIP Hachi. Lots of love to you - it's so difficult when your cat passes away; the house just seems too different without him or her. xx
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

You gave him a good life, what little of it he did experience, showering him with love. He was lucky to have a caring slave like you and you were lucky to have a lovely owner like him. Please remember the happy memories of the time you spent together to help you get through.

There are some truly wonderful people here who have experienced similar pain that you're feeling, and I am sure they will be here for you whenever you need them.

Huggggs.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry - that's a rotten thing to happen. They do leave such a cat-shaped hole in your heart however they go, but not being able to say goodbye just makes it all so much harder. (((hugs)))
Rachael_Shadz
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Rachael_Shadz »

That is such an awful thing to happen, I'm so sorry that you had to find out that way. Take some peace in that at least you do know, many don't ever find out what has happened to there kitties and the not knowing is defo worse as there is always that hope! I'm sure Hachi knew he was loved and enjoyed his short time with you. I hope he find my boy Shadz to play with at Rainbow Bridge, he loved to play. Take care & keep posting whenever you feel the need to x
Willowmoor
New Cat Chatter

Post by Willowmoor »

Hi,

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your cat and I can understand how devastating it is not to be able to bury him. The one thing I can say is that it does get easier to cope over time.

Four weeks ago tonight at around this time the doorbell rang and we had the devastating news that my beautiful 11 year old companion had been killed. The last four weeks have been really awful and for the first three weeks I didn't think I could ever feel happy again. I didn't sleep and was a bit of a wreck. Time has healed things a bit now and I am able to remember the good times rather than bursting into tears every time I thought of him.

Keep as busy as possible. Slowly, slowly you will feel better. Allow the tears to flow, I found it helped.

Take care