My cat's soul... Where is it now? :(

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
dorsetlady72
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

My cat's soul... Where is it now? :(

Post by dorsetlady72 »

Yesterday I had to have one of my beautiful cats put to sleep after he became sick. I know it was the kindest thing for him long term BUT I haven't slept a wink all night as something is stressing me. As daft as it may seem, I apologise now. I promptly came out of the vets & threw up in their garden with worry!

I keep worrying what has happened to his soul. I had to leave his body at the vets as I couldn't afford the £80 cremation fees & I only have a communal garden, so I couldn't bury him there & I am worried that his soul is 'lost' & still floating around at the vets. I know I sound like a raving nutter but it is really bothering me. When my nan died, the carer opened a window so her soul could go to heaven but the vet didn't do this for my poor old cat.

I am far from religious but I just need SOMEONE to put my mind at rest please. The guilt of having to sign that euthanasia form is ripping me apart.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat's soul... Where is it now? :(

Post by Kay »

bless you, I and so many others on here know only too well that feeling of loss and despair we have to go through when our beloved cats have to leave us

this may give you some comfort http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I don't know really how to reply,to such a sad post,

this may seem daft but have you a balloon and something light that belonged to your little cat to attach to it, maybe if you could go to an open space and release it today, that may help.

Have you anyone who could go with you ?

Would the vets have allowed to pay in small instalments, ?

Take care of yourself and i am sure there are many others too on here who may help

much love
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Dorsetlady, What a sad start to this new year! I'm so sorry for your loss.

I suggest you google 'Rainbow Bridge'. You'll find the story that comforts most of us.

As for me, I suppose you could say I am 'religious' though it is not a term I would use. I do have faith (sorely tested at times!) The Theologians tell us there are no animals in heaven because they have no souls - Hogwash and Horse Feathers. Then how come the Bible talks of the lion lying down with the lamb. I believe He wants the best for us and what sort of miserable place would heaven be without our friends (and in my case lots of gardens :D )

Don't despair, your friend's soul needs no open windows. He is safe at the Bridge, in the company of our lost friends, waiting for you. (Hugs) to you. x
dorsetlady72
New Cat Chatter

Post by dorsetlady72 »

Although I just cant seem to stop crying today, whilst thinking about my beautiful cat Narlah, my daughter & I have taken great comfort in all of your kind words & emails which some have been so very kind as to send me. My time today has been spent comforting Narlah's brother Simba who is still here with me. Simba seems to be dealing with the empty space on the sofa better than I am!

This is such a very difficult time for my daughter & I. I am having to rehome Simba on Saturday as I have major changes happening in our lives. I am very lucky to have found a lovely forever home for Simba, where I am sure he will be truly loved & spoilt like he has been with us for the last 9 1/2 years, since he was a tiny kitten. I am dreading Saturday but I have to be unselfish & do what is right for my beautiful Simba.

I know that I will need anyone's & everyone's support over the next few days & weeks & I am so very grateful that someone told me about this wonderful site.

From the bottom of my heart, I say thank you all. I know when my tears dry, I will be able to think of all those happy days together with Narlah but just at the minute, I need to cry. Love to you all. xxxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

You do need to cry - it's part of your healing process, and it's part of how much you loved her.

I think it's a good idea to go through a small act of remembrance too, a balloon as suggested, or maybe bury something she loved, or a picture of her, in the garden with a few words. It does help. Her body is just something left behind, until you meet again. xx
dorsetlady72
New Cat Chatter

Post by dorsetlady72 »

FAO Helen & Denver...

I am so very sorry I do not know how to send you a reply to your email which you so kindly sent me.
Words can not express how your offer to help has touched my daughter & I but I have to politely decline. I could never impose on you but I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for your offer. It means a great deal to us both. xxxxxxx
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Joanne_ »

<3 I don't know what to say:( big hugs to you xxx
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by notjustacat »

Although I had to have my 16 year old cat PTS I was able to bring her home and lay her to rest in my garden. However I feel that her spirit is not in that spot but resides in my heart. The place that she lays is not where I go to remember her, as she will always with me anyway. Take heart from knowing the spirit is with and within you.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

my beloved Trigger was pts last October, and is buried under a slab in the patio, but his grave isn't that important to me - what has given me a lot of comfort is a framed photo of him, enlarged to picture size, hanging on the most prominent wall in the sitting room - he gazes out on to the room and person he knew and loved all his 13+ years, and I do feel his spirit is embodied there
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

bobbys girl wrote: As for me, I suppose you could say I am 'religious' though it is not a term I would use. I do have faith (sorely tested at times!) The Theologians tell us there are no animals in heaven because they have no souls - Hogwash and Horse Feathers. Then how come the Bible talks of the lion lying down with the lamb. I believe He wants the best for us and what sort of miserable place would heaven be without our friends (and in my case lots of gardens :D )
One of the previous Pope said animals can go to Heaven. The Bible doesn't say animals cannot go to Heaven. I think in all major religions animals have souls and can go to Heaven.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

If you believe humans have a soul and there is an afterlife, then you should believe your cat does too.

If you don't believe in anything spiritual, then at least your cat still lives on in your heart, and you should be happy you gave it a good life.

Hugggggs