Heartbroken

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
samijane
New Cat Chatter

Heartbroken

Post by samijane »

[I lost my beloved cat Opie 2 days ago in tragic circumstances and am not coping with the grief at all. Opie was my cat and with me wherever I was in the house so even doing the day to day chores is impossible fir me. Despite having 2 small children I cannot stop crying and seem to be a complete mess. I keep going over and over in my head what if what if and hoping he died quickly without too much pain. He bought this family so much joy and happiness and never asked for anything in return. He has left a huge hole and I am not sure how I am going to get through this pain.
Willowmoor
New Cat Chatter

Re: Heartbroken

Post by Willowmoor »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss SamiJane. I lost my beloved cat at the end of October and it has been tough. The first three-four weeks were truly awful and I felt that I would never be happy again. Things then did get better. I still have my moments and Christmas was quite difficult but I do feel better most of the time.
Let yourself grieve. It is a process you have to go through and we all handle it differently. Like you I couldn't stop crying. Couldn't sleep as the horror of what happened kept coming back etc. but suddenly I found that I could sleep again. I think it takes time for the brain to process it all.
It is difficult not knowing when or if you will feel better but all I can say is that you will. Focusing on a new pet may or may not help. We have a puppy now due to losing three cats in twelve years on the same patch of road. I still miss Jim dreadfully but she is a huge distraction and I adore her.
Thinking of you.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, losing them hurts like hell and leaves a huge cat-shaped hole in your life. Please try not to be too hard on yourself - I don't know what happened, but cats are independent creatures and sometimes you just can't save them from themselves. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace lovely Opie. xx
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Fran_ki »

Samijane , I'm so so sorry to hear your sad news. :(
I totally understand how heartbreaking it is. We lost our wee Kenzie mid November , he was only 16 months old. I did not even want a christmas without him.
It's hard but you learn to cope and you've come to the right place. This is the most amazing forum with such lovely caring people. Sending you lots of hugs pet.
RIP wee Opie , you'll be truly truly missed x
samijane
New Cat Chatter

Post by samijane »

Thank you so much kind people....yesterday was a particular bad day as it was back to pre christmas routine with school and work. Opie wasnt waiting when I got home as he normally did so It started me off again. This morning I have managed to have breakfast but felt I needed to come on here as a form of comfort. Your support means a lot to me at this time and knowing you understand the level of grief I am experiencing helps.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello samijane,

I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand how you feel. It hurts like hell and you keep wondering 'what if'. But it will get better.

RIP dear Opie, (Hugs) x