Our beautiful Matilda 'Tilly' Twinkle Paws

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Tallulah
New Cat Chatter

Our beautiful Matilda 'Tilly' Twinkle Paws

Post by Tallulah »

Our cat Tilly passed away in the early hours or the 24th feb 15. She had only been ill for a couple of days, and the vet suspected a bowel infection. It was only after she passed we got the blood results back that showed organ failure. And even had they known this before she passed, no amount of treatment would have helped as it progressed to rapidly.

In her final hours our poor little fur baby was at the vet with strangers, which i will forever feel guilty for as i know she was scared and i wish with all my heart we had been there every second with her. She finally suffered a seizure and slipped into a coma before we could get there to be by her side. I held her in my arms willing her to open her eyes, meow and give me one last special Tilly kisses (she loved to give kisses) but she didn't. And as the vet administered the final injection I rocked her like a baby, telling her that we loved her, everything was ok and she could finally stop fighting.

It was the worst day of my life and I am completely distraught. I have never know any living soul like her. She was only 6 1/2 far too young and I can't help but feel cheated. But I feel grateful for the years we had with her and the privilege of being her non furry mummy. Every day is difficult but I am just hoping it gets better and I hold on the the hope that one day we will be with her again.
joolz42
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Our beautiful Matilda 'Tilly' Twinkle Paws

Post by joolz42 »

Hi Tallulah

I know how your feeling as went through this two weeks tomorrow and still feel lost without my Chloe.
Her last few days were at the vets too which she hated and I mean hated as was a very stressy cat with heart failure and used to take her 24 hrs to recover from the stress which then affected her condition.
I was there for her last moments and it was hard but thankful I was. Post on here whenever you feel the need to as everyone is so nice and understanding as we all love our fur babies.
Thinking of you, your Tilly sounds like she was a beautiful girl and she will be at RB now full of health and playing with our babies that have passed.
I believe we will see our babies again and they'll be there waiting for us, this gives me comfort. Xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry to hear your news Tallulah. It is so hard when they are taken from us suddenly like that. All I can say is, the pain will ease and I believe we will meet our loved ones again. If you want to talk we are here for you.

Play happily at RB sweet Tilly. (Hugs) to you Tallulah.x
Tallulah
New Cat Chatter

Post by Tallulah »

Thank you for your comforting words. I know deep down everything i did was what was best for her. We went to the vet the afternoon before she passed when she was a bit more responsive. She looked at me and meowed quietly as if saying "please mum is it ok if i go now, i'm tired" it was absolutely heartbreaking and instead of telling the vet then to let her go I didn't. Naively thinking she might pull through I let them carry on treatment that was never going to work. I wish I had held her close when she knew I was with her and let her go on her way. I just wish I knew whether she knew I was there at the end.
xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, it's bad enough to lose them but you can drive yourself mad with 'what ifs' in situations like these. I'm sure she knew you were there, but even if not you did your very best for her in difficult circumstances - that's all she could have asked for you.

If it's any help, I've had a lot of sick cats over the last couple of years (I have 5 and I foster) which has meant I've spent a fair bit of time in the 'backstage areas' of my local vets and seen the vet nurses with their patients. Vets have to keep a professional distance in a consultation, but vet nurses out the back ..... not so much and they're able to lavish affection on their patients. When my Daz was very ill and on a drip, I found 'give extra cuddles' in BIG letters on the board above his cage, and the nurses still rush out to see him if we go in for a check-up. I also have a couple of older cats that were handed in as strays and still have nurses asking after them, and I've seen countless acts of kindness and loving touches to patients behind the scenes. I know it's still a strange place without the comfort/safety of being at home, but I'll never again feel that staying in 'at the vets' is quite as bleak a place I used to imagine.

Rest in peace. lovely Tilly. xx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

You did what you thought would save her life. To give her every opportunity. It didn't work out too well. Sorry. I know you miss her much. You were blessed to have known such a angel.
Jill
Topcat10
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Topcat10 »

Night Night beautiful Twinkle Paws. You never know some day we might just meet up and be friends in that peaceful place you're now in.
Purrs from me to you...and the lovely humans who still love you so much.
T C and his Dad.xxxx