my cat died today, it was my fault

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: my cat died today, it was my fault

Post by Cussypat1974 »

I know what you mean about getting used to them dying. I suppose I am used to certain types of cat dying..... Like Gallagher. All his siblings went before him (one was euthanised, the other 2 found like he was). I am not really bothered about what happens to their bodies after they die. That sounds harsh maybe, but once you are dead, you are just a body, if you know what I mean? The funeral rites etc are for the living, to help us grieve. I rescue ex-battery hens too, and they usually just drop dead. Not many live over 3 years of age. When I find a dead one now I feed her to the cats..... Some will be shocked by that I know, but it makes more sense than feeding her to the worms (by burying her) and buying another tortured chicken for the cats..... The hens all have names and I adore them, I just know they will die young. As will the inbred cats with heart problems. You just harden up I suppose, and accept it. Otherwise you would go mad. As long as I can honestly claim that I improved their situation and gave them a happy life while they were with me, I can cope.
tilly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by tilly »

i still miss you so much XXX
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi sorry for your loss , I have read your story
And trust me , it wasn’t your flaunt , often
We live a busy life , where everything goes
Wrong , a chain of events , that sadly ended
Badly sadly we cannot see the future , if
We could , we would be fair warded
But often we do blame ourselves for
Something out of our control , as I did when
I lost my Bertie from a freak washing machine
Accidentally trapping his tail and back end
In the door causing spine and bladder damage
So yes I have been there
Love and hugs to everyone v
tilly
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by tilly »

Thank you, I did read your post too, I'm so sorry for what happened to Bertie. Five years on I didn't think I would feel this way but I still miss him so much.xxx
Amber_Kaddu
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Amber_Kaddu »

I'm very sorry for your loss
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi sadly I have heard far too often ,people blaming themselves ,for the loss of their
Beloved cat , the truth is however we lost our beloved cat ,it isn’t in our ‘hands the fate
Of our pets ,I suppose human nature ,makes us think that way ,but sadly some things
Are totally out ,of our control, trust me guilt will eat you up , it did me ,but not I have had too, accept , there was nothing I could have done ,too have perverted Bertie’s. Accident,
That lead too me having to put him too sleep , at only 7 years old , sadly we don’t have
A crystal ball ,

So please be kind too yourself

And so sorry for your loss ,

Bertie’s mum x