Time a healer?

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Emsy75
New Cat Chatter

Time a healer?

Post by Emsy75 »

New to here.

Had my cat, Pancake, of 20.5 years put to sleep on June 13, 2014. I was a wreck for a while then got better but this last week has been so hard, emotionally. It doesn't help that it fell on a Friday. It's like every Friday 13th is a reminder of the great loss I experienced. She was my best friend. I am lucky to have two other cats who are unique in their ways.

Just had to get that out to others in my situation. Wish I found this site ages ago.

X
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Re: Time a healer?

Post by PeanutsFriend »

Sorry you have to miss your friend, Pancake. You are taking a good positive step. Write about it. We all been there where you are standing at one time or another.
Jill
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Hello and welcome

Time is a great healer. But that doesn't mean that time must be a few days, weeks or months. Neither does it mean you won't have bad days.

As Jill says, it helps to talk, even if though a forum like this. Most of us have lost a cat at some stage so have an idea how much you are missing Pancake.

Don't be too hard on yourself x
Emsy75
New Cat Chatter

Post by Emsy75 »

Thank you both.

My other half was thinking maybe getting another kitten/cat but not ready. Plus my other two have settled quite well since she's been gone. She did rule the roost, even with three legs :D
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

It is a huge decision whether to get another cat. You will, of course, never replace Pancake. She was unique. A one-off. That doesn't mean that you can't ever love another cat. Your other two will hopefully accommodate another friend into the fold if introduced slowly and with care.

We are here if you need us - we are a friendly forum :D