Losing Charlie

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Charlie
New Cat Chatter

Losing Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yesterday Charlie my kitten of 1 year 1 month return home in the early hours. She struggled to climb on our bed and squeaked in pain. When we turn on the light we noticed she was breathing properly and wasn't responding. We took her to the vets to be told she had been in an accident. We took the heart breaking descion to put her to sleep. I feel like I have let her down as I could not watch them give her the injection.
I have two cats and Charlie was truly a baby, she would come lie and your chest like a baby and want cuddles, her constantly licking and suckling, the way she slept beside us in bed always liking company.
It's heart breaking to know that even when she'd been in the accident she managed to make it home to us, and even the pain she was in tried to get on the bed. I feel like I've failed her, she was only just one, how can her life be over so quick? I never knew I felt so much for my cats until that moment yesterday in the vets. At this moment the pain I feel is unbearable, everything that runs through my mind, constantly. Her eyes as I walked away, her tiring to climb on the bed, her miaow, her licking the house doesn't feel the same now.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Losing Charlie

Post by bobbys girl »

I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing for you to wake up to. It sounds like she really wanted to get home to you.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, that must have been horrible. You didn't fail her - she obviously loved and ttrusted you because she knew you would help her, and you did. You also made the toughest decision to take the pain away and let her sleep - she couldn't have asked any more of you, and she wouldn't have known that those were her last moments.

Cats are independent and adventurous creatures, you can't always protect them and, sadly, accidents do happen. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace baby Charlie.
Willisco
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Willisco »

Poor Charlie, I'm so sorry for your loss. She clearly loved you dearly though if she managed to get all the way home to you and even onto the bed. You did all you could for her though, she's no longer in any pain and she's gone to a better place knowing that you were always there to love and care for her.

R,I.P. Charlie.