My beautiful William is living on in my other cat

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 5

My beautiful William is living on in my other cat

Post by reeree31 »

Hello everybody, I am new to this site. I have been a bit of a browser from afar, for the past couple of years to be fair. Anyway ill introduce myself at another time, this is about my William.
We became concerned sunday morning (15th march) when we still hadn't seen William since the day before. He ALWAYS came home, never wandered far. This time something didn't feel right. I rang the vets that afternoon, I left my name and number. I went looking for him, stood on my doorstep at 2am calling him, still no William. I knew something was so wrong. I searched and made calls Monday. I shared things on social media sites to try and encourage others to help look out for him. Tuesday it came to my attention that someone I knew, had shared my post for me. it wasn't long until a comment was posted stating my beautiful boy had been hit by a car early sunday morning and left laying in the middle of the road. The ladies moved him to the side of the road, it was a quiet road, by a field. They knocked around for his owner. They decided to take him to the vets to get him scanned for a microchip. Yes I am kicking myself for having not got him chipped. please no criticism. I collected my boy from the same vets who were adamant they didn't have him at first :cry: I bought my beautiful boy home and buried him. My children and I said our goodbyes. Absolutely broke my heart as well as theirs :cry: :cry: I cradled my boy in my arms and just broke down. We all miss him deeply, we aren't sleeping well. He was my 8yr old daughters birthday present two and a half years ago. He would have been 3 this june. I just don't know what to do to make it easier. We have 5 other cats, and my youngest is a male. 8 months old. William was dominant of him and 2 of my girls, he would snuggle up with them but would also bite their necks and lay there just holding them still. Not for any sexual behaviour just for dominance (he was neutered) since he has been gone its like my George has just transformed into William??? I just don't understand... has anybody else had this??? I pulled into my drive and said to my 4 yr old aww its a shame our William isn't here to greet us today, as he used to drop onto the bonnet, climb onto the wing mirror and climb through the door once opened. He would then get in the car and sit with us. George suddenly did just that this day! He has started doing many things like William, he is acting just like him!! I don't know if its helping the bereavement process of really confusing me lol even family friends are noticing this lol whats going on??
Attachments
my william.jpg
(70.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
my william1.jpg
my william1.jpg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: My beautiful William is living on in my other cat

Post by reeree31 »

such a beautiful boy with his dear friend and love,Tilly xxx
Attachments
my william.jpg
(70.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello reeree and welcome to CC.

I was so sorry to hear about William, how distressing for you all. Sad as it is, at least you have him back.

I love the photo of William and his friend Tilly. I have similar photos of Bobby with his 'mum' Lily. They would always cuddle up together and with them both being black you couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. She just went out one day and never came back. :(

We really don't know the half of it when it comes to our four-legged friends. Perhaps George has taken over William's role in the family? When our wonderfully smart Lurcher, Katie, was taken from us (cancer) our little cat Purdy took over her role. Purdy is a small, skinny little thing, with the heart of a lion.

When the others fell out or we were upset about anything Katie would be there, breaking up fights, comforting us, you name it. After she died little Purdy took over. She breaks up fights, sees off strays and is there to comfort and console.

Perhaps in George's eyes, he has a new role in the family.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's an awful shock to lose them like that. (((hugs)))

I agree with Sue, I think that George has perhaps stepped up to take William's role in the household. Bless him.

You obviously feel guilty for not chipping William, and perhaps make sure the others are done, but don't be too hard on yourself - it actually wouldn't have made much difference to William in this case and it wouldn't have saved him. It's just a horrible accident, nothing you could have done. I hope it's some comfort to know that somebody took the trouble to take care of him and try to find his owner.

Beautiful pictures, rest in peace lovely William.
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

hello and thankyou for your lovely comments. William was a very loved cat, and he loved his family very much, both feline and human. He took his role as top male very seriously lol! He used to follow me out walking the dog, on school runs... I had to turn around and take him home. He followed us once out trick or treating, crossing a very busy road (he wasn't hit on that one he was hit on a quiet road) but we didn't know he had followed us, heard a car screech, my children scream and I turned round to see William casually crossing the road and an absolutely mortified van driver. Bless the man who stopped and said he would have been so upset if he had hit him. We took William home before proceeding that night! Little monkey was a right little rascal. Miss him so much, more than I could ever explain. It means so much to be in this forum though and talk to people who understand pets aren't just pets, they are family members xx ive many photos of the big guy, ill post some more :) he was a beautiful cat. It means a lot that George has stepped up at only 8 months old :D
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

my beautiful boy xxx
Attachments
will.jpg
(90.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

cuddling up to George and rosie xx
Attachments
10896924_10152610015852338_8350836865699319147_n.jpg
(120.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

cuddly ginger monster xxx
Attachments
handsome boy1.jpg
handsome boy1.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

one of the most funniest positions ive ever caught him sleeping in lol on me xx
Attachments
daftie.jpg
(111.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

as you can see... he slept a lot!!!
Attachments
missyou.jpg
(160.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

I can see why he's left such a gap. He looks a real character. RIP Sweet William.
reeree31
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by reeree31 »

indeed he was! the best xxx
Willisco
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Willisco »

Great pics, what a character. Breaks my heart to look at them though, George looks the spitting image of my cat Kye when he was a kitten.

That's awesome that he is taking on some of William's character traits though, but still, R.I.P. William. He sounds like he was a pretty amazing cat.