Oscar

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
simont 50
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Oscar

Post by simont 50 »

My little 2 and a half year old boy Oscar was taken from us on the 2/3/15 RTA,me and his companion George miss him loads, its not the same with out him
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Oscar

Post by bobbys girl »

I am sorry to hear about Oscar. It must have been a terrible shock for you. It does get better with time. We are here for you if you want to talk. Fusses to George.

Sue
simont 50
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by simont 50 »

bobbys girl wrote:I am sorry to hear about Oscar. It must have been a terrible shock for you. It does get better with time. We are here for you if you want to talk. Fusses to George.

Sue
Attachments
WP_20131112_001(2)(1).jpg
Thanks, this is Oscar
(118.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

he looks very content in that photo

there are many of us on here - I am one - who understand the shock and sense of unfairness when a young cat is killed on the road - that sense of helplessness and fear too of it happening again

the only consolation, such as it is, is the knowledge of how much cats enjoy their freedom to come and go as they chose, and if we want them to share their lives with us, we have to accept the consequences, even when it means losing them so cruelly
Animal lover
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Animal lover »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts are with you. Having to say goodbye to a beloved animal is never easy, no matter how or why the reason.

Your little boy will be looking to you more for company and they will feel the same loss as you. Be there for each other and spend as much time as you can together. Are they from the same litter? It is easy for people to express their loss and to talk to someone when we need to. Unfortunately, it is not the same for our animals. My two cats were always indoor cats in part due to the dangers of the roads and the dangers of people, which is the reason why I rescued them when they were around one week old. When I had to say goodbye to my boy when he was 17 years old due to kidney failure, my girl was so heartbroken. When I brought him home from the vets, I showed him to my girl so she could understand what had happened. She spent some time with him and it was clear she knew what had happened. That he had gone. Her grief was so clear. We relied on each other and mourned our loss together. As time passed it became easier to accept he was gone, and she would spend time in his favourite places as her way of still being with him. I kept things as normal as possible for her. Some animals can become overwhelmed in their grief and some signs of depression can be hard to spot. Some animals can simply 'give up' living when they have lost a family member or friend. It is important that you are there for comfort and the companionship they have lost. Your boy will be there for you too.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's dreadful to lose them suddenly like that.

I lost my little girl Peaches to the road last year, and her partner in crime, Daz (they were both ex strays and loved to hunt together) missed her just as much as I did. There is still a Peaches-shaped hole in our lives, but it has got easier with time and I can now remember her with a smile rather than with tears. Time really is a great healer.

Rest in peace beautiful Oscar. xx
simont 50
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by simont 50 »

Crewella wrote:I'm so sorry for your loss, it's dreadful to lose them suddenly like that.

I lost my little girl Peaches to the road last year, and her partner in crime, Daz (they were both ex strays and loved to hunt together) missed her just as much as I did. There is still a Peaches-shaped hole in our lives, but it has got easier with time and I can now remember her with a smile rather than with tears. Time really is a great healer.

Rest in peace beautiful Oscar. xx
simont 50
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by simont 50 »

Thank you for your comments, Oscar was a sweet little boy and full of mischief,we let George see Oscar one last time and he sniffed him. Oscar and George were not from the same litter, unfortunately George lost his brother at just a year to natural causes ( vet thinks it was heart attack/stroke ) so we got Oscar as a new companion, the bonded very quickly, they were playing 8 days after he arrived. It's been 5 weeks now and the pain is still raw but easing, he is very much missed
sally53
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by sally53 »

Im so sorry to hear about the lovely Oscar, thanks for putting his photo on, he looks like a cheeky boy. Its so painful to lose them. Ive had more than 40 cats over the years, and it never gets easier to say goodbye. My cat Dizzy has had a terminal prognosis from the vet due to heart failure and doesnt have many seasons to enjoy. I was wondering, you mentioned Georges brother being taken from you suddenly last year. Could you tell me what happened please? I just dont know what to expect for Dizzy, and you said that the vet thought Georges brotherhad had a heart attack or stroke. Did it happen in front of you or did you find him? Did he have paralysis? Sorry to ask you, but Im looking for answers to help me when Dizzys time comes. My threat is called Restrictive Cardiomyopathy Help Please.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Like you, and Animal Lover, I did let Daz see Peaches to say goodbye. He sniffed her all over, and I do think it helped him to understand that she'd gone. I'm glad that the pain is easing, I hope George is also finding things a little easier to cope with. xx
simont 50
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by simont 50 »

Hi Sally 53 , I don't know if it's related but the colour used to drain from his ears nose and gums occasionally, no it didn't happen in front of us , he went missing for 2 days