My beautiful cat was run over and killed on Friday

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Kelliet
New Cat Chatter

My beautiful cat was run over and killed on Friday

Post by Kelliet »

my beautiful ginger cat Leo was struck my a car on Friday and killed instantly. I loved him so much and I am so upset. He was a couple of miles from my house. He used to stay out all night and sleep all day. He was so affectionate and loving. I feel so sad that his life was cut short as he was only 3 years old. Luckily he was taken straight to the vets where he was scanned and as he was microchipped I was called straight away. I'm having him cremated. Please microchip your cat. He was so full of life. I can't believe how low I feel I can't go back to work yet and I don't think my friends understand.
We got him at 5 months and he settled in to our family immediately. I have two other cats and they loved Leo straight away. My older tabby mothered Leo and they would always sleep together and my other cat Aurora would chase and play with Leo around the house and garden. Whilst my other cats are happy with my garden Leo just had to explore further he was such an adventurer, a hunter a mischievous naughty boy, their will never be another cat like him. I just want him back.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My beautiful cat was run over and killed on Friday

Post by hgale »

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Leo. It is always hard to lose a member of your family, especially suddenly like this.

Don't worry about how you are feeling - when I had to say goodbye to my Kitten and Mischa (both at the Vets due to old age), it took me months to grieve for them - and sadly their deaths were expected (Mischa had a sudden kidney problem and Kitten had stomach cancer). Give yourself time to grieve for him, you've lost a member of your family. Its also sad that your friends don't seem to understand, but all of us on here will - we all love our cats, and sadly had to say goodbye at some point.

RIP at Rainbow Bridge dear Leo, my Kitten and Mischa will show you around.

{hugs} from Helen
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry to hear the news, poor Leo. What a horrible shock for you.

Our Gracie used to be a wanderer - she was safe enough in the woods and fields, but she had to cross a country road to get there. She has stopped doing that but now Bob does it! It worrys me so much but what can you do?

It sounds like Leo was doing what made him happy and when the accident happened it must have been quick.

You have that hurt, it will fade in time, but Leo is not suffering, he is playing at the Bridge. RIP Leo. (Hugs) to you.
Kelliet
New Cat Chatter

Post by Kelliet »

Thank you Helen for your lovely message. Thank you for taking your time to write to me it really means so much.

Hugs Kellie
Kelliet
New Cat Chatter

Post by Kelliet »

Thank you Bobby's girl for your lovely words. Yes it was a shock but I can take comfort in the fact they he didn't suffer.

Thank you,

Kellie hugs
CIHALL
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by CIHALL »

Hi there

I’m so sorry to read about Leo’s accident, what a lovely bundle of fur he was. Sounds like he was a great little character and enjoyed having so much love in his life.

We lost our Giggsy just over 2 months ago and I still don’t think I’m right in myself. Someone on here told me that you can only feel such pain if you loved so greatly, and Leo clearly was a well loved member of your family.

I’m not sure some of my friends understand how I’ve reacted either. Don’t let that bother you, we know what you’re going through. You do whatever you need to do to put yourself in a position to remember the good times and celebrate Leo like he deserves.

I’ve found great comfort in the kindness given to me by users of this forum and I hope you do too.

I know Giggsy and the rest of the gang will have welcomed Leo and are all having fun together.

Take care

Chris
Kelliet
New Cat Chatter

Post by Kelliet »

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Hugs kellie
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry to hear about Leo, it's such a dreadful shock to lose them suddenly like that. We lost our Peaches to the road last summer, and I still miss her, though I can now remember her with a smile. The pain will pass. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace lovely Leo. xx
leonie
New Cat Chatter

Post by leonie »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is truly heartbreaking.
I had two cats who I rescued from the RSPCA Jasmine and Jack . Ive only just joined this forum today, as Im heartbroken as Jasmine was also run over outside our house , 3 days ago . She was also only 3 years old and didn't really wander far , which makes me even more sad.
Jack is now searching for her and im gutted . Not sure what to do .
I feel your pain and just take comfort they didn't suffer . Hopefully they are chasing butterflies somewhere. Thinking of you xx