My beautiful jasmine died on Friday .

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
leonie
New Cat Chatter

My beautiful jasmine died on Friday .

Post by leonie »

Hi all , I am heartbroken as I had 2 cats which I rescued from the RSPCA in March - Jasmine and Jack .
Jasmine was hit by a car outside our house and died instantly . I am still in shock and so upset !
The worst bit about it was these two cats were best buddies . They were found together and slept together, groomed each other and had rough and tumble time together .
We put Jasmine in a box so Jack could see her and he gave a little wimper of a miaow before we buried her . She was only 3 years old:(
Anyway since we buried her Jack wont settle and keeps looking all around the garden and staring at the cat flap waiting for her .
I am keeping everything as normal as possible and haven't changed his routine . Also got some feliway to try and keep him calm . He wont stop searching the garden for her .
If anyone can give me any advice id appreciate it .
Miss my girlie so so much x
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My beautiful jasmine died on Friday .

Post by Kay »

how sad for you - many of us have lost a cat to the road, and the suddenness is such a shock - you will need time to get over it, and Jack too will need time to get used to being an only cat

I have lost quite few cats in a lifetime of cat ownership, but the pain of losing one never gets any better - the one thing which has always helped me is marking that loss in some special way - such as getting a photo framed, marking the grave with a special plaque and plant, finding a poem which particularly resonates with me etc

you may find Jack comes to enjoy not sharing you, but that will become clear in time - meanwhile make lots of fuss of him and let him start to heal your hurt
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Oh its so sad. Is it really worth letting cats out to roam anymore. There are just so many cars on th roads nowadays and so many speeding drivers. Its not like it was years ago when there wasn't so much traffic. Also theres been a lot of cats gone missing around where I live and rumours are that they're being used as bait for fighting dogs. We have a huge field near us that's used by horrible people with hunting dogs. I know my cat wouldn't last long out there. He's so timid.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my little Peaches to the road last summer, and I still miss her happy little face so much. The pain does lessen with time, though, I promise. Kay is right, marking her passing in some special way does help - we buried Peaches in the garden and planted a peach coloured flowering shrub to mark the spot.

I do think that showing Jack her body will have helped him to understand what's happened. It's heartbreaking to see them searching for their pal (my Daz sorely missed his Peaches) but he will come to terms with it too. At least you have each other for comfort, make a fuss of him as that will help you too. (((hugs)))
leonie
New Cat Chatter

Post by leonie »

Thanks for all your kind messages . They do help .
Sorry to hear about the loss of your cats too .
Much Love
Leonie