Cat Gone AWOL worrying me sick

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
ZoeRPM
Returning Cat Chatter

Cat Gone AWOL worrying me sick

Post by ZoeRPM »

My cat is missing from home. I last saw him on 1st June but he has been sighted since in the area on several occasions (last sighting 10th June). Can anyone advise me how to cope with this feeling of grief? I just can't understand his change of behaviour. He seems to have become feral. Having been bereaved genuinely twice over the past 13 years, I can only say this is worse.
notjustacat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Cat Gone AWOL worrying me sick

Post by notjustacat »

Hi ZoeRPM I'm surprised at the lack of response to your request. Firstly have you done all the normal things such as lost posters, with a photo?. Contacted the local vets, put a post on your local Facebook lost pets page?. Most places have one. Where are you?. Have you made some drastic changes at home that may have upset him?. We are talking a missing cat aren't we?. What's his name, how old, is he chipped does he have a collar. Please don't feel grief, this should be about the cat just now. Also please come back for any help with this situation.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Cat Gone AWOL worrying me sick

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Dear Zoe, if you feel about to give this forum another chance, may I suggest you post this in Health and Behaviour. A lot of people rarely look at the Bereavement section who could give you some helpful insight into what might have happened and ask the right questions to help you think it through. I am so terribly sorry for this awful sorrow and pain. The feeling of abandonment must be beyond words. I can quite understand that it is worse than the bereavements you have known. Hugs to you. xxx