Good bye Charlie bear

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
hendrix08
New Cat Chatter

Good bye Charlie bear

Post by hendrix08 »

Not sure if I am putting this on the right page I am sorry

I am so angry and upset as I had to rehome my 5 year old cat due to health what I thought I found after advertising a cat tree on a local site was a family who had 8 cats and 1 dog and said they loved animals and took in all the cats that needed good loving homes so my partner and I went along with the cat tree they bought and also Charlie so they could see him and also I could see where he was going to live when we arrived at there home it seemed a very plesent place the family were in the front garden with some of there cats and a little dog running round playing happily this made me feel better about having to give Charlie up after 5 years with me as he has only ever had me as an owner they said I could visit him anytime I wanted I left him with his bed,play tunnel and food and I sai I would txt the next day to see how he was this was so hard as when I got home I just felt so lost and upset but I thought well he will be loved and well taken care of I txt the next day to ask how he was no reply so I thought maybe I should leave it another day or maybe they would contact me this was last thurs evening 20/08/2015

yeaterday morning 24/08/2015
I received a phone call from charlies new owner and when I answerd the phone she told me that Charlie was distressed and had not eating or drank anything since I left him she also told me that she had rang a vet who told her that the cat would die without water and she should contact me
now bearing in mind this is 4 days since Charlie went to live with them i couldn't get over as my partner was at work so she said they would bring him to me when the daughter came with him i couldn't understand why he couldn't walk he was very limp and just lay flat with all paws stretched out she just kept saying he wouldn't drink or let anyone touch him
i checked him over but couldn't tell if any limbs were sore he never cried out i took him in the house and laid him on my sofa he tired to drink some water but was sick
i sat up with him on my knee all night and at 4 am this morning he died i am absolutely devasted i have txt them to tell them what has happened and have had no response
i am so very angry at mysef for letting him go and for them letting him get in this state four days this cat had suffered with them
i am sorry for the long statement but i needed to do this if there is anyone can help or tell me where or who i can contact to report this family and to stop them taken any more animals i would be very grateful
Attachments
11888020_980093972011231_7650860914202248008_n.jpg
11888020_980093972011231_7650860914202248008_n.jpg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
SkeeterLove
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Good bye Charlie bear

Post by SkeeterLove »

Oh I'm so sorry for your little Charlie bear, and for you. Cats can be such delicate little creatures, and I'm sure he felt safe to be home with you for the end. My condolences. He is such a pretty cat.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

This sounds very very wrong, i am thinking something seriously happened to Charlie Bear, he could have fallen or worse, ( poison)

Not many read the bereavement section, i will start a new thread in general cat, and hopefully someone with more knowledge may be able to help you.

So very sorry.
Thierry 1
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Thierry 1 »

I'm so sorry to read how you have lost your beautiful Charlie, in such awful circumstances, my heart goes out to you. I agree with the most recent post (nannymcfee), something doesn't sound quite right. I hope you are able to find out more, if only to at least give you any small amount of comfort. Your photo of Charlie is so lovely.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

I am so, so, sorry to read this. Poor little Charlie Bear!! As others have said I think this is very suspiciously like a case of poisoning - how can a healthy cat go downhill in 4 days otherwise? All I can say for comfort is that he died with you, where he belonged, knowing he was loved, and that at least they did contact you to let you know he was ill, instead of leaving him to suffer and not telling you what had happened. That would be unimaginably awful for you.

You can't turn back time and there's nothing you can do to bring your baby back; if it's not too late your vet might do an autopsy or at least give you some idea what had happened. Without some idea of why he died it's difficult for you to take it further I imagine - but some people may know more than me and have some ideas.

I'm just glad he was in your loving arms at the last, but you must be so devastated.

The picture of him is lovely, he was a beautiful and special boy. My thoughts are with you. x
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Ah, poor Charlie. I am so sorry for your loss. He looks a lovely boy. Personally, I think after one day of not drinking they should have phoned the vet. Not eating is one thing, but not drinking should sound alarm bells IMO.

But, as Jacks points out, you cannot turn back time. At least Charlie died in the arms of someone familiar and that is some comfort. However, I really think the people who adopted him should be told in no uncertain terms that, should a cat...or any animal go for even a few hours without drinking and they appear depressed, lethargic, in pain or distressed then the animal MUST be taken to a vet ASAP. It is irresponsible of them not to have done that with Charlie.
And frankly, I would think twice about recommending these people to anyone who wished to hand over a cat or dog to them.

Sleep well, Charlie.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry, what an awful thing to happen, no wonder you feel so devastated. It is a small mercy that you were with him at the end, I hope you can take some comfort in that. I really wish I could say something to help. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace Charlie Bear, beautiful boy. xx