cat RTA accident

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

cat RTA accident

Post by Mainecoon »

Our beautiful Mainecoon cat Kara was hit by a car last Wednesday (2/9/15) and I found her on my return from the supermarket to get her cat food...thankfully she must have died instantly due to her injuries . My husband & I are devastated as she was only 5 1/2 years old & we had had her since 2 months old . . and so very special She was only on my lap less than 1/2 hour before ....so hard to take in . 2 dogs /cats are perhaps mourning , but not sure as she was a feline bully ! RIP Kara XXX much loved by all ....
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: cat RTA accident

Post by Walesgang »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I have lost two cats to the road. The first was the first cat of my own. I had got her when I was a student and she had been with me for 14 years. I was inconsolable beyond words, and we did not get another cat for 7 years because we could not bear the pain again.

We got a mum and her three kittens from a small rescue 9 years ago, thinking that losing one would make a bit less difference. We lost one of the kittens when she was 20 months old. We were again totally heartbroken. We had to keep on because of the remaining family.

On both occasions we felt cheated that we had missed out on their lives, especially the younger one. There only consolation we have found is that they were happy to the very end, and never had to go through illness and endless visits to the vet which would have been stressful for them.

Kara was happy and healthy and had know love to the end.

RIP beautiful girl and (((hug))) to you xxx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's a dreadful shock to lose them so suddenly like that. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace beautiful Kara. xx
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Mainecoon »

. We have had 2 previous cats involved in RTA accidents ( sorry I am medical !! ) & 1 survived but 1 i did not . This was some years ago now . Kara was so special to us & this was a terrible shock . . ....Slowly coming to terms now.... Thanks for your kind messages x
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

Very, very sorry to read about Kara. Reading all the messages just makes me so angry at all the careless, inconsiderate, selfish drivers out there.

BK.