Charlie

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
tara wilson
New Cat Chatter

Charlie

Post by tara wilson »

Charlie,our 17&a half year old cat had to be put to sleep on 16th may,he went downhill very quickly,he was at the vet on the Monday,came home on the tuesday(vet couldn't see any tumours etc on his X-rays and his blood tests were normal too) however he didn't eat when he came home and we both could see he was not well.so we took him to the vet on the Saturday and he was put to sleep then.i think even the vet was shocked at how fast Charlie had gone downhill. I'm still struggling a bit,I was worried he didn't know I loved him!! He was a great cat and I love and miss him so very much.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Charlie

Post by bobbys girl »

I'm sure that after 17 1/2 years Charlie knew how much you loved him. It sounds like you did the best for him right to the end.

He is young and well again, waiting at the Bridge. (Hugs) to you.
tara wilson
New Cat Chatter

Post by tara wilson »

We got Charlie when he was around 9,so we had him for about 8 years. He was the boss of the house!! He got on so well with our other 2 cats when we got them,he had a wee look in his eye when Molly arrived that seemed to say"another one?"
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

Sorry to hear about Charlie. These cats really capture our hearts don't they? Magnificent creatures.

BK.
CIHALL
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by CIHALL »

So sorry to hear about Charlie.

You referred to him as the boss, he’ll be smiling down at you for that and is a clear sign that you loved him. And you were there for him at the end and made the hardest decision any cat owner will ever make, you ended his suffering.

Take care x

Chris
Zaccydupe
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Zaccydupe »

So sorry about Charlie, but believe me Charlie will have know you loved him so much and you definitely did the kindest thing you could for Charlie when he could not not get better, although I know it is the hardest decision to make.

Take care xx
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

You made the toughest, and most loving, decision for him - that's all he could have asked of you. Charlie had eight wonderful years as 'the boss' and will have known how much you loved him, cat's aren't stupid. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace 'boss' Charlie. xx