Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Leos Mum_1
New Cat Chatter

Our Boy

Post by Leos Mum_1 »

Hi

I am newbie here.

We lost our boy Leo last Friday.

He was only 1 1/2 and was knocked by a car.

We are so sad. He was a great little cat, he bought so much joy to us and it is hard to believe that we will ever be normal again it's like our family unit has been broken.

RIP sweetheart, I hope we meet again.
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Our Boy

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Oh Leo's mum
so sorry for your loss, I think most of us on here have felt the same at some point. Cats are the greatest creatures and the greatest company and totally become one of the family. When they go they leave a big cat shaped hole in our hearts. It's like any loss, you grieve. It takes time and this forum has helped me immensely. So glad you found it too. It's great place for information, for answers or to just pour your heart out. We all understand what your going through. I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better, but you will, in time, and then just remember the fun times, the mutual love and all the time they made you smile or laugh out loud. Thinking of you and your lovely wee cat. Take care and keep in touch x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I'm so very sorry to hear what happened to poor Leo, it's a terrible shock to lose a young cat suddenly like that. It does help to share, and people here are very kind. (((hugs)))

Rest in peace little Leo. xx
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

So so sorry to read your post. We are going through the same ordeal after our lovely 15 month old Lucy was killed in an RTA on Sept 19th. I am overwhelmed with sadness and when I read of the same thing happening to other lovely cats it just breaks my heart. I just wish something could be done to stop these things from happening. Would it help to post a photo of Leo for us to see?

Barry.
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Mainecoon »

So sorry to hear of your loss . We lost our lovely Mainecoon Kara on 2/9/2015 to a RTA & can really feel what you are going through / feeling at this time . Thinking of you. RIP Leo XX
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

So sorry to hear about Leo. What a terrible shock for you.

Play happily at the Bridge until we meet again Leo. X
Leos Mum_1
New Cat Chatter

Post by Leos Mum_1 »

Thank you so much for all of your lovely replies.

Here is a pic of our wee boy, I still can't believe he is gone. He was only little but he has left a huge hole in our family circle.

I pray that one day we will see the little monkey again.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (57.3 KiB) Viewed 4788 times
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

Hi Leo's mum
He is beautiful and I'm pretty sure you will be reunited with the wee monkey again, i think we will all meet up with our loved pets when we depart, it's a very strong bond of love we have with them I'm sure they will be waiting ;)
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

Lovely cat. So sad. They live on forever in our hearts.
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

His markings are so similar to our cat Lexi. Is there a way on this forum that all of those of us who are going through this dreadful situation can talk to each other? I feel that the support of others who are in the same situation could help all of us...

I dont mind admitting that I am personally struggling with the loss of our little Lucy (Sept 19th).
I'm a big bloke and have had my fair share of life's ups and downs but I adored her and miss her
every day.... much more than I could ever have imagined.

Barry.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

You are not alone in that Barry. My OH, Dave, a one-time factory floor manager of a team of (in his words) hairy axxxd blokes, was so cut up about the death of his dog Katie, that I had to dig her grave and bury her. He just couldn't do it.

He still talks about her - we both do, she was remarkable. He still sometimes says 'what if' we had done things differently. If the cancer had not taken her she would have been 19 :shock: this year. But he still says it. The pain does diminish but the regret is still there.

With time, most of the memories are lovely happy ones. I hope you find the same. Don't feel bad about the grief. (hugs)

Sue
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by BarryK001 »

Thanks Sue. I don't want to hijack Leo's thread which should be for him so I'll start a new one.

Barry.
Leos Mum_1
New Cat Chatter

Post by Leos Mum_1 »

Barry. You are not hijacking the thread, please feel to chat on here.

I know it's daft, but with it being Bonfire night tonight I keep thinking about how scared Leo will be hearing the fireworks :(
CIHALL
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by CIHALL »

This is our first bonfire without Giggsy. I sat his picture and frame with his ashes near us on the sofa last night and kept telling him "it's outside Giggsy" when fireworks were going off, just like I always had to when he was alive.

They never leave our hearts or thoughts.

Take care all x

Chris