9 months on

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

9 months on

Post by Joanne_ »

Does it ever get easier:( I keep having dreams about Erik(he was ran over) and in the dreams he comes back... and I am sooo happy then I wake up... It sucks so much. I just don't feel I have closure.
BarryK001
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: 9 months on

Post by BarryK001 »

I really don't know if it's possible to come to terms with losing a loved cat-friend. From my current vantage point I don't think I will ever fully "get over it". Our cats are so, so special to all of us and when something terrible happens to them it really is unbearable.
I try to concentrate on positive thoughts but I find it impossible to suppress the sadness, not only at our own loss of Lucy but sadness at reading of all the other lost cats and grieving families as well.

If any good comes out of this it will be that I will offer to help in cat rescue/fostering when I retire in a few years time.

Barry.
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: 9 months on

Post by Mainecoon »

We agree .... We still miss Kara so very very much , she was so loved & so very special to us ( she was found on a roundabout in a cardboard box in freezing conditions .. she & mother survived , other 2 siblings did not ) They say time is a great healer & we are at last thinking of the positive sides of her nearly 6 years life with us ie cat food treats & lots of love ! Thinking of you at this time after your loss x