Miss him so much

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
foreverloved
New Cat Chatter

Miss him so much

Post by foreverloved »

I am utterly heartbroken at the sudden and completely unexpected death of my 7 year old darling and beautiful cat mac on tueday evening. He was so healthy and i cannot grasp that he is gone. I keep thinking that he's just asleep in the other room and that any minute he'll stroll through as usual. My other cat has only just realised he's gone and has started searching for him. I want him back so badly and i can't believe i'll neve see him again. I was supposed to have so many more years with him- i can't believe that he's just gone. I love and miss him so very much and life without him is awful
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Miss him so much

Post by bobbys girl »

I am so sorry to hear about Mac. What a terrible shock for you.

It is hard enough when you are expecting it, but to come out of the blue, so sad.

There will always be a sadness, but the raw pain of loss will fade and you will remember the happy times too. Many people here know what you are going through.

RIP Mac, 'till we meet again. Thinking of you.

Sue
Jamsie22
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Jamsie22 »

I had exactly same experience last October. There is no easy way to deal with it, just to gradually try and accept and surround yourseld with good memories and thoughts that you gave cat a great life
You will realise through this forum lots of people in same boat

Jamsie
Wanda6688
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Wanda6688 »

So sorry to hear about your loss - I completely understand how you are feeling. Over time you will feel better and remember the good times but I know that is too soon for you. For me I lost my cat 'The Cat' 30th Nov last year and most nights I cry for him as I still miss him so much but I do remember what joy he bought to me and I am sure what joy I bought to him. Every day I think he will walk through the door but as time has gone on I know he won't - it does get better, please remember that.

Thinking of you and take care xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hello we all feel for you & I concur with Sue, Jamsie & Wanda. I miss my Mayday something chronic & have received so much support here. Take care & thinking of you. Hugs Vivian
foreverloved
New Cat Chatter

Post by foreverloved »

Thanks for the messages- I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your cats and I hope they rest in peace. The last two days I've started to feel more like I can be thankful for the time I had with him, but I've suddenly judt broken down completely. This time last week he was alive and I had no clue that anything was about to happen. Tonight I got this terrible pang of utter misery that I'll never see my baby again. His loss is breaking my heart

Faith
Wanda6688
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Wanda6688 »

So sorry that I talked about the loss of my cat when you were going through so much pain, but I just wanted you to know that I understand. The misery is raw - I know that feeling, it hurts like hell - but it does get better slowly, please remember that! xx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Faith this is the process of grieving. Don't fight it - we've all been there where you are now. Post whenever & whatever you'll be supported as I have. Wanda, Sue, Jilly & Mrs Kane were a tower of support for me and if I've missed others sorry. Yesterday I framed a poem my girlfriend in the States wrote for me in 1994 when i 'saved' Mayday & I've framed some photos of her to go above the poem. I've only been able to do this now as I was too much in denial that she'd 'gone' & thinking I'd let her down - I still think this but realise our fur babies give unconditional love and that's so rare & we who experience a cat's love never forget them. ((Hugs)) Vivian
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

you'll never see him alive again, but would it help if you could surround yourself with images of him? my Trigger's image greets me on my laptop, my tablet and my phone, and I had a canvas print of a particularly nice photo of him made, and it hangs just outside the kitchen door where I can touch his head when passing

little things are no compensation for the real thing, but they do bring some comfort
Mainecoon
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Mainecoon »

Can understand how you feel as lost Mainecoon Kara 5/12 ago in different circumstances , she was not even 6 years old . Have pictures of her dotted around house which help . Thinking of you at this time XX
MikeTrump1
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by MikeTrump1 »

foreverloved wrote:I am utterly heartbroken at the sudden and completely unexpected death of my 7 year old darling and beautiful cat mac on tueday evening. He was so healthy and i cannot grasp that he is gone. I keep thinking that he's just asleep in the other room and that any minute he'll stroll through as usual. My other cat has only just realised he's gone and has started searching for him. I want him back so badly and i can't believe i'll neve see him again. I was supposed to have so many more years with him- i can't believe that he's just gone. I love and miss him so very much and life without him is awful
Sorry for the loss. I lost my Nippy last September and it took me so long to finally accept that he's never coming back. Then i got another cat and the feeling keeps dying the more i bond with my Perky. Just take it easy and give your soul time to heal.
Zaccydupe
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Zaccydupe »

So sorry to hear your devastating news, it is so unfair.... remember all the love and good times you had, sorry but cannot say anything more we love them so much and they will always be a part of us. Love and ((hugs))
Zella
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by Zella »

They say time is a healer and to a certain extent that is true. It's perfectly normal (and healthy) to have a grieving time for pets as they become part of our family, and when they suddenly leave us it can be a terrible shock. This website might be useful as it has lots of resources to help people who have lost their pets http://www.griefhealing.com/pet-loss-links.htm hope it helps you and others x
jillyvillyvoo
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jillyvillyvoo »

So sorry or the shock and loss you are going through. There's not much I can say that the rest haven't said already. It takes time pet, it's different for everyone . It's almost a year since I had to pts my wee angel cher. We still cry sometimes. We laugh sometimes too because she was a wee character. In time you will smile or laugh at the daily antics and the joy that comes with loving these amazing furry friends. The cat shaped hole in your heart will remain for some time but will be filled eventually with beautiful memories. Keep in touch here when things get tough or just to talk about your lovely cat. It helps. Big hugs xxx