Sudden Loss

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
claleo28
New Cat Chatter

Sudden Loss

Post by claleo28 »

This morning I found my beautiful adored Bengal-Maureen (silly name I know) dead in the lane outside our house. She had somehow managed to get out during the night. She was only 2 and was the naughtiest prettiest sweetest most affectionate thing I have ever known. I feel completely bereft and just don't know what to do, the pain is almost unbearable I am heartbroken. If a cat could be a princess then she was one. Will it get any better as I literally do not know what to do.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Sudden Loss

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Oh, I am so very sorry for your beautiful girl and for your terrible grief. There are many people on here who will be able to support you and know how you are feeling. They will tell you that yes, it will get better, but that no one can tell you when, or try to pin you down to a time when you should be 'over it'. Your girl will always be with you in your heart, but that doesn't help today I know. Keep chatting to us. We all want to support you. RIP beautiful Maureen. X
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Ndobins »

Hi there

I am feeling your heartbreak. It is 10 days since I suddenly had to say good bye to my beautiful girl Poppy and I am still devastated but.. I am feeling slightly better. 5% better... I don't know what to say know one does really. Maureen sounds as special to you as Poppy was to me. Try and talk about he good times you had together and remember them too. And do some things you enjoy. It's early days for you and your still in shock. You will be feeling slightly better in a week or so.

Sending you hugs and I know how your feeling right now xxx
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

I'm sorry to hear about Maureen and Poppy. No matter how old they are, the loss always hurts. I know its no help at the moment, but it does get easier in time, but only YOU can know how long that "time" is going to be. Make sure you give yourselves that time - and not a minute shorter.

RIP dear ladies, run free at Rainbow Bridge with my girls Kitten and Mischa.
claleo28
New Cat Chatter

Post by claleo28 »

Thanks for your lovely replies. I went on the old site about 4 years ago when I lost my lovely old Persian (Claude) so I already know that speaking to like-minded people helps (even if only a little). Claude was ill and at the end of his time but Mo was so full of life which makes it doubly hard to bear. Thanks again for your lovely words, and kind thoughts to all others who have lost their loved ones.
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

so sorry for your loss, I lost someone this weekend too. But I knew mine was coming.
How sad for you to find her like that.
jill