My little cat died suddenly last sunday

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

My little cat died suddenly last sunday

Post by Ndobins »

Hi

My cat poppy who was just 3 died last Sunday from being attacked by a dog. She had fluid on her lungs and some bleeding. The vet drained the fluid and she was off oxygen by the Saturday evening. So Sunday morning I was so surprised she hadn't made it. Do you think it may have been the shock? Has anyone experienced or knows of this sort of attack before.

I'm utterly heartbroken as she was my little cat and timid, only really trusted me. I have other cats but she was my girl. Silver tabby and such a sweetheart.

Thanks in advance xx
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Re: My little cat died suddenly last sunday

Post by PeanutsFriend »

sorry, such a hard experience. She was lucky to have known you
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hugs to you and thoughts for your little girl. Xx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs)). I experienced a similar situation with my cat, she was we believe, attacked by a dog although I didn't find my little one until too late and didn't know what had happened until I witnessed the same with my feral cat the following week and he was left identical. I really don't know whether it would have been the shock with your cat, I would have a chat with the vet if you want some answers, I went to see my vet and talked to her, I was distraught and feel your pain. It will get easier though, take care xx
moira
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 16

Post by moira »

Just wanted to say how terribly sorry I am for your loss. To happen in such a way is hard to bear. I know at this point you just want answers and hopefully your vet will be able to help you understand .

Play hard at the Bridge, little one
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ndobins »

It was just awful I saw him grab her off our BBQ as she tried to get in. Torture for me.

Thank u for your kind words it's a very tough time for us. She was a little dear and I'm crying at the drop of a hat. We love our pets so much xx
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ndobins »

Janey when did this happen to your little cats? Xx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

Hi, it was April last year and my old girl hadn't been out all winter and it was a lovely day. She went missing and we found her the following morning in the allotments just behind our garden, but didn't know what had happened. That's when I went to my vets to to discuss with them because I just wanted to know what could have happened, I then saw our dear old feral puss attacked the following week. Like you I was also crying all the time, and I totally understand how you must be feeling right now, poor you. I still can't look through photos, that pain is still there, but it does get better, it will in time honest and you will have good memories of your girl xx
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ndobins »

Thank u for sharing x

I would like another kitten one day, I wonder if females are more loving?

Did you Janey have another cat after ? I hope I can find the same friendship again. She was a little dear xx
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

We haven't adopted another cat since, so it's been a long time, initially I just needed time, that was just my personal choice . We do care for some ferals though so we've not been without feline company even though it's just outside. We were going to adopt another oldie but we decided to have a holiday first (can't tell you how many years since we had one!). Anyhow this year we started fostering, and they've had the run of the house with having no other cats. I'm sure we will adopt another oldie though as I do miss a cat of my own.
Ndobins
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Ndobins »

We have a nice bit of space here and I'd like to foster we have an old summer house.

How lovely of u to do that.. I'd really like to do that next year. Give something back and maybe adopt a kitten. Cat mad!! Xx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

So sorry for your loss. Such a dreadful thing to have happened. My thoughts are with you and your lost little one. ((Hugs))
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Just picked up on the original post.
So sorry to hear what happened. What a terrible shock for you. :cry:
You will never 'replace' your little one, but the pain does ease and giving a loving home to another kitty does help.
You ask male v female? All I can say is my boys are far more loving and laid-back than the girls who only show affection when they want something! But that's just me.
Many hugs to you