Badger

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Badger

Post by alanc »

Today is the third anniversary of Badger's death from cancer. I still feel great sadness at his passing, though not as bad as it was at the time.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Badger

Post by bobbys girl »

It does take time doesn't it? And there is nothing anyone can say to change that. So please accept a (Hug). x
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Yes, they live on in our hearts ... and I think they'll be waiting for us one day and we'll be reunited. Till then the separation is awful. Hope Tilly is cheering you up and that she's surviving this heat.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Thanks for your hugs and thoughts, folks. Coming to terms with his death has been much harder than any of my other cats, I think because it was so sudden and he was so young - all the others were in mid to late teens and I had known they were on the way out for several months before the end. I am grateful to Tilly for still being alive, after the fright she gave me in May! Unlike last year when she went AWOL on this day until late in the evening, she has been in all afternoon, flomped on the cool tiles of the kitchen floor much of the time. She is finding the heat very oppressive and it seems it may get worse later in the week.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

i lost my Patch 12 or 13 years ago and I still think of her, Blue has been gone over 3 years now and he is often in my thoughts, we don't forget them, but over time the memories are more of the good times than the bad, and of course the current selection of furies help to fill the holes left.

All of mine are spending a lot of time out in the garden, curled up in the shade of flaked out on shady paving slabs. The pond has become the local watering hole again and i have even seen a few brave, or foolhardy, birds using it for drinking and washing in.

Hugs to you and Tilly.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

alanc wrote:Thanks for your hugs and thoughts, folks. Coming to terms with his death has been much harder than any of my other cats, I think because it was so sudden and he was so young - all the others were in mid to late teens and I had known they were on the way out for several months before the end. I am grateful to Tilly for still being alive, after the fright she gave me in May! Unlike last year when she went AWOL on this day until late in the evening, she has been in all afternoon, flomped on the cool tiles of the kitchen floor much of the time. She is finding the heat very oppressive and it seems it may get worse later in the week.
Aw honey, I do feel for you. I was only talking to a pal t'other day about how, when we were a lot younger, our pets didn't seem to get 'diseases', they just 'passed' or disappeared. We mourned for them all but sometimes, along comes a companion who steals our hearts then for no damned good reason, gets taken far far too early, Badger for you, my darling Cody for me. Sometimes, I still get a searing pain, think it just isn't fair, she should be here with me now. I'm sure it is the same for you with dear Badger. Take heart and accept massive, squeezy hugs until you pop and kiss Tilly on the nose from me, in fact, have one for yourself as well. By the way, it's a lovely balmy 24c with a light breeze here in Glasgow. Perfect for gardening [me] and golfing [him] after a very heavy shower t'other day....and next door's cat, Baloo, has just settled down on my newly planted and watered carnations!

Issi