Finding it hard too move on

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Finding it hard too move on

Post by Bertie 2017 »

I it’s been almost 10 months since ,I had Bertie ,put too sleep , even though ,I knew
It was the right decision ,( we had tried too save him for 3 weeks ) it’s still left a huge ,
Hole ,in my heart ,,my home ,my sole ,I have too wake up each morning ,and face ,
Another day ,without my Bertie ,and that’s hard ,everyone keeps telling me ,I am
Improving , and yet ,I ask myself why do I still ,feel this pain ? The answer ,is
Because ,Bertie ,was my whole world my everything ,he give me joy and happiness ,
And unconditional love ,for seven years. He had a short ,but happy life ,and we
Had a bond ,like no other , oh how I miss ,the good times ,not so long ago my
Life ,was perfect ,,I didn’t need ,money or the finest things ,just my cats ,
Too be truly happy and contented, Bertie was my sunshine ,he always brighten
My days ,and now he’s gone ,leaving me and his brother Basil ,too try too move
On without him
AndyMac
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Finding it hard too move on

Post by AndyMac »

Sorry to read about Bertie but 10 months grieving seems a long time but death affects us all in different ways. I have lost 2 cats this year - Jet was put to sleep in April due to abdominal cancer, I had her 14 years. I got Mia in June but unfortunately she was knocked down outside the house 3 weeks ago.

The loss of Mia hit me harder than Jet mainly because I chose to end Jets life but the suddeness of losing Mia after 2 months really was hard to cope with and I felt so guilty and angry, I cried for a week and did not eat. I live by myself and coming home from work and not to be greeted at the door or waking up in the morning to an empty house can be difficult to cope with. I have been trying to keep busy by gardening and walking but deep down I still miss my girls and the only comfort is having their ashes.

I have been looking at cat adoption sites and have seen another black cat which I am tempted to adopt but maybe it is too soon for me but have you considered another cat ??
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

Bertie 2017 wrote:I it’s been almost 10 months since ,I had Bertie ,put too sleep , even though ,I knew
It was the right decision ,( we had tried too save him for 3 weeks ) it’s still left a huge ,
Hole ,in my heart ,,my home ,my sole ,I have too wake up each morning ,and face ,
Another day ,without my Bertie ,and that’s hard ,everyone keeps telling me ,I am
Improving , and yet ,I ask myself why do I still ,feel this pain ? The answer ,is
Because ,Bertie ,was my whole world my everything ,he give me joy and happiness ,
And unconditional love ,for seven years. He had a short ,but happy life ,and we
Had a bond ,like no other , oh how I miss ,the good times ,not so long ago my
Life ,was perfect ,,I didn’t need ,money or the finest things ,just my cats ,
Too be truly happy and contented, Bertie was my sunshine ,he always brighten
My days ,and now he’s gone ,leaving me and his brother Basil ,too try too move
On without him
Oh Honey, take heart, 10 months isn't really that long a time to come to terms with the loss of much loved Bertie. I have lost pets over a lifetime, always grieved, but the loss of my Cody and Armand within 4 weeks of each other hit me really hard. The pain, the yearning for happiness lost,which you are suffering now was awful, it hits you at the most unexpected of times, like a punch in the stomach. BUT..as well as support from CC members, what helped me most of all, in a very odd sort of way, was friends and relatives and even my lovely Vet, telling me of their own losses and how it took 2yrs to get over 'it'. Please don't be alarmed. I can promise you that as time moves on, the raw grief, the expecting Bertie to chip up to the food bowl for his tea, will dissipate, fond memories will begin take over. I can't deny there will be occasions, mine was taking a bath and a sudden memory of Cody sitting at the tap end demanding I drip the cold water, when you will shed a tear, as you will with memories of the loss of any loved one, animal or human, but honestly it won't be the raw grief you are feeling now, just a few minutes of lingering sadness. Time doesn't heal, it's what you do with time that closes the raw wound, so keep going through the pain, don't fret about a time limit, you will survive, be happy again with Basil, whilst never forgetting Bertie and the joy he brought to you.

Warm virtual hugs to you and dear Basil.

Issi
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support , I am no stranger too pet loss ,
But with Bertie ,this feels ,so different ,my grief is so deep and painful ,too cope with ,if
You look at the facts ,Bertie only lived seven short years , most cats live too at least
14 / 16 years , so in a way a feel cheated , and grieve for the years we could have had ,
As I have said before ,we tried for a few weeks ,too save him ,there were high and lows
We really thought we could save him , we had hope for a short time ,Bertie seemed
Too have improved ,then the punch too the gut came , he wasn’t having normal bladder
Function ,his urine was building up inside ,you could see the bulge ,and was in discomfort ,
He wasn’t showing it ,but I knew cats are great at hiding pain ,so that awful day came
We ,decided , we had put Bertie through so much ,and his bladder had turned into
A ticking time bomb ,so I let him go ,it was the kindest thing ,my last act of love ,
But he has left a huge hole in my life my soul ,, but I know we will meet up someday ,
I expect him ,too be at the front of the queUe ,like he was most times ,at dinner times
And he was head of the brain queue ,when they were handing them out
Very intelligent was my Bertie