Droosie

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Amanda3266
Returning Cat Chatter

Droosie

Post by Amanda3266 »

My beautiful Droosie was taken in a road accident in 21st June, am utterly heartbroken. She was just such a special cat, loads of personality.
The hardest thing is returning home each lunchtime and pulling into the drive. This was her cue for leaping over the back gate and running to greet me. Every day since Monday I have almost expected to see her and then I remember.

However, there is good in the world. Droosie was hit by a van and a woman in the car behind stopped. She then proceeded to knock on nearby houses until she found me. I know therefore that my beautiful calico girl was killed outright, she didn't suffer. Another very kind lady wrapped Droosie in a bag and brought her round to me so that I didn't have to do that job myself.

I have no idea who these two ladies were, they didn't know me and I don't think they knew each other either but I will never be able to thank them enough for their kindness that day.

I took Droosie's body to the local vet who looked her over she was perfect except for a nose bleed, vet said almost certainly a head injury and instant death. At least I know and have an answer despite being heartbroken. I loved her so much.

She was 7 years old, I am looking for the positives, she died doing what she loved which was hunting, she died instantly and didn't suffer, she was utterly adored by us all at home etc.....but it's hard and it is still very raw.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Droosie

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Amanda
Welcome to CC. I am sorry it is in such sad circumstances. Poor you, what a shock.
You are right, she went quickly, doing what she loved. That's small comfort at the moment, but hopefully it is some comfort.
Thinking of you,
Sue
kittiesmom
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by kittiesmom »

So so sorry for your sad loss, Run free and happy little one. RIP.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

I'm sorry to hear about Droosie, Amanda.

RIP at Rainbow Bridge dear Droosie, my Kit and Mischa will look after you.