Time.

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Julie67
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Time.

Post by Julie67 »

I've decided to put my girl to sleep tomorrow. She's still eating and washing, but she's quiet, and there's something in her beautiful eyes that saddens me. It's been a rollercoaster this weekend, and my heart is tied to her. When she perks up my heart lifts and some of the sadness goes away. When she's quiet, my heart sinks, and I cry again. As I type this, she's sitting in front of the fire, gazing into the flames. She's always been larger than life, boisterous, playful, so very clever, and totally focused on me. That girl is gone, and I have to accept that. She'll leave this world in my arms, she's given me so much in our life together, I owe it to her to give her this, and comfort her as she's comforted me.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Time.

Post by Lilith »

Yes, only you can decide, and it's the last loving thing you can do for her. It's dreadful, coming so fast after the shock of the diagnosis; you've had no time to come to terms with it - but in a way it's worse for you than it is for her; she doesn't know the circumstances; all she will know is oh that dratted vet again, falling asleep in your arms and waking free of that diseased body. It's the owners who grieve, even though the cats go free and into another dimension.

I firmly believe you and she will be reunited one day, cold comfort as that is, I know, and you will miss her badly, but you'll have done the right thing for her.

Hugs to you and fusses to Onion, lots of love, Lil x
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi first of all I am sorry ,you had to make that heartbreaking decision ,I often say that cats are good ,at hiding they pain ,my Bertie was ,just a normal cat ,on the outside ,you’d never guess ,his bladder ,and spine was damaged ,all I know ,is that ,it’s not easy letting them go
Bertie’s anniversary was on Sunday ,and I have missed him so much ,but letting him go ,
Was the best thing ,for him ,I spared him ,much pain in the end ,of course every story is
Different ,I would like you too know ,what ever you decided ,I am here for you ,as
Well as everyone else ,

Take. Care

Xx
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I am so sorry - the last and kindest gift, but it comes at a heavy cost. My thoughts are with you today.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

There are a few other threads, Julie posted more recently (on Monday) here:
https://www.catchat.org/felineforum/vie ... 131#p55131