Really feeling good

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Really feeling good

Post by Bertie 2017 »

I feel things are improving ,now ,Bertie’s anniversary ,has passed ,don’t get me wrong ,
Moving on ,doesn’t mean ,I haven’t forgotten my Bertie (I could never ever do that ) I just feel ,it’s the right time give it a try ,because this last year ,has knocked the stuffing out of me ,it’s taken ,it’s toll ,on me ,that’s what grief does ,too you it drains you every one keeps
Telling me ,Bertie wouldn’t what ,me ,too be so sad and broken ,and they are right ,I used
Too believe ( and still do ) that cats read your moods ,and reflect them too ,when I was happy and bright ,Bertie would run around sideways ,like a little furry crab , lol ,yes I
Have a million memories ,too hold in my heart and cherish ,forever ,I feel even death .
Can never ,take that away from me ,Bertie will always be a big part of my life ,and
Will always be remembered , hopefully this Christmas will be a better one ,because
I am sure you will understand ,last year was a bad one ,I remember my first Xmas with
Bertie and his brother basil ,wreaking the Xmas tree ,it fell too the floor ,with a bang .
And as a adult ,Bertie was just as naughty ,I suppose if I am honest ,that’s what I loved most about him ,his free sprit ,and he had a personality like no other ,very intelligent too ,He
Will always keep me laughing and smiling for years too come I am sure ,
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Really feeling good

Post by Ruth B »

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, it has certainly been a roller coaster of a year for you. Grief is hard so make sure you take time to recover your own health.

After my Dad died a lot of people told us that the first year would be the hardest to get through. You constantly have the first of everything without him, first Christmas, first birthday, anniversaries, etc, each one a reminder that he is no longer there, and then you hit the anniversary of his death. After that it does seem to ease a little, you never do forget them and sometimes the memory can hit very clear and hard, a couple of night ago I woke from a dream that was incredibly clear, it was the walk from the Assessment Unit at the Hospital to the canteen to get something to eat after my Mum had died. It was incredibly vivid, the sharp spring air, the muted colours of early morning, but the one thing it wasn't, was sad. Maybe it was my mind telling me it is now time to move on, everything is now almost over, we are just waiting for the final Estate accounts from the Solicitor. That walk was when I walked away from her bedside, knowing that what was left there wasnt' my Mum, know it is time to move forward with my own life.

We will never forget those we love, human or animal, but we do have our own lives and they would want us to live them and to enjoy being alive. I love my husband differently to how I loved my parents and to how I love my cats, but in all cases it is love and I'm sure they all know that just because I love someone else doesn't mean i loved them any less. The more people and animals we can give our love, the more we can improve the world we live in.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Janey »

So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I lost a cat tragically, briefly the story was she went missing and I found her, I didn’t know how she’d died until the dog got one of my ferals as well, and I saw that, so tragic. I’ve lost lots of cats now, but that was the worst I suppose because of how she died, and although the pain has got less over time, I admit I still struggle to see her photos etc after a few years now. I really can imagine how you’ve struggled with your loss, thankfully it does get easier but just takes time and you will get there.
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi thank you so much for your support ,yes losing any member of the family furry or otherwise ,is very painful ,it’s been a very painful and tough year ,for me ,losing Bertie ,
Was very hard too accept ,because of the unique bond we shared ,and of his young age ,
But I have come out of this ,feeling much stronger ,and ready too accept my loss ,and move on with my life ,carry Bertie in my heart ,every where I go ,and of course ,I have many happy memories ,of the good times we shared ,grief is a healthy way of saying goodbye ,and we have ,too go on the journey ,before we come out feeling stronger ,my journey has ended ,
But I understand ,the ,pain and heartbreak ,others are going through ,at this time ,it Isn’t easy losing a beloved cat ,but especially at Xmas ,emotions were difficult ,for me this time
Last year ,but I have decided ,too enjoy Xmas ,because I know that ,Bertie would what me
Too, he loved climbing the Xmas tree ,and causing trouble ,lol ,he was never on Santa’s
Good list , because he was so naughty ,365 days of the year ,lol ,but that’s what I loved about him ,so cheeky ,and always making me laugh ,he knew ,I couldn’t stay mad at him
And could purr his way out of trouble ,tilting his head on one side ,and looking at me ,
With his only eye ,melting my heart every time ,lol x