My Baby Buddy

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
cruzie51
New Cat Chatter

My Baby Buddy

Post by cruzie51 »

This is unfortunately going to be my first post.

For two days, my Buddy didn't come inside the house, he didn't scratch at the door like he normally did. I figured it was one of his mood swings and he'd be back in a few days. Unfortunately, coming home today, I saw Cas on the porch, being his silly self, but just a few short minutes later, my mom found out. He'd been gone for a couple days and my neighbor found him. We don't know how, or why he passed away. I cried. This is the second time I have had to bury a cat, but I know he's safe up in heaven and his gimpy ear is no longer gimpy.

Reading the Rainbow Bridge poem brought me solace, but it still hurts. I woke up two days ago with four cats and tonight I go to sleep with one cat less. I miss my Buddy.
Ellie-G

Re: My Baby Buddy

Post by Ellie-G »

Hi,

I saw your post and just wanted to pop a quick reply to say how sorry I am for your loss. I very suddenly lost one of my own cats in a similar way to you so I know exactly how you feel. It is absolutely heartbreaking and rather confusing as to why it happened.

Best wishes for the future,

Ellie x
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi I am sending my heartfelt sympathy and support ,losing a cat is devastating ,and anyone
Who has lost a beloved cat ,understands your pain ,I have heard of cats going away too die ,
I myself have had cats not return home ,sadly no one ever knows why ? .your neighbour
Seems a caring person I do hope you feel ,this website brings you some comfort

Hugs and kisses x
Bertie 2017
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Bertie 2017 »

Hi first of all sorry for your loss , it’s hard enough
Losing a beloved cat , let alone not finding out
Why ? . I have learned through my own loss
There is more questions than answers , all these
Thoughts and feelings , can make you feel crazy
Grief is cruel and heartless , and in life we
May never get the reasons why bad things
Happen so please be kind too yourself

Hugs and kisses
Amber_Kaddu
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Amber_Kaddu »

I'm so sorry for your loss
Nicky brown
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Nicky brown »

Hi
I have not been on this forum for quite some time but I am here now and I am sorry to read about your cat. I lost my 15 year old cat in August 19. Like yours, he wandered off and didn’t come home but I managed to find him. He was very confused and not like his old self at all. Whilst he was with us another week - mainly sleeping, he did not have the dignified death that he obviously wanted when he wandered. It was pouring with rain and I had taken him into the garden to clean him as he had soiled himself - something he had never done previously. I started to wash him and and he keeled over and died. It was surreal because of the circumstances. It wasn’t comforting, being at home, because of the circumstances and I felt guilty because of the circumstances. I took him inside, dried him with the hairdryer and curled him into a box - he loved boxes. It was better then - he looked like he was sleeping. I’m sharing this because I knew then why he had wandered off and why he looked so sad when I found him - he didn’t want to be found. No matter how we lose them, it is heart wrenching and we always think - if I had just.....
I have lost 3 cats in different circumstances in the last 4 years. Toulouse age 11 months, Hendrick age 2 and Hobbs 15. I miss them all immensely and still feel sad but not low any more, at least, not most of the time. We’ve decided to get another kitten and as a first, he will be an indoor cat. I hope you feel better than you did in December. Everyone is different but time does heal. Take care. Nicky