PLEASE HELP, MERLIN'S MUM

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Lynnie
New Cat Chatter

PLEASE HELP, MERLIN'S MUM

Post by Lynnie »

Hello all,
Have just lost my old friend Merlin, this morning at 6.30am
I did not expect vet, who was good, to say that because of excess call outs and it being a sunday that it would be best to put him in his box and bring him to vet tomorrow, its ok really, as it gives me an extra night with him...BUT, I am a bit of a wuss, I still have to put him in box and I have made it comfy for him, he has his fave blanket etc but he is very rigid, and am fearful of accidents, smells, insects etc...all the stuff that comes with dead bodies I guess, please can someone out there give me some advice? Will he be ok, will he just go from his wee place on sofa to the box without any mishaps? It sounds so crazy but handling him like this is terrifying for me, I loved him so and want him to have dignity and I want to be brave and responsible, he was my old , trusted, clever funny friend, my buddy...please help, thanks (he can't be buried outside or in garden as he was a house cat and I live in flat/apartment)
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: PLEASE HELP, MERLIN'S MUM

Post by Jacks »

Dear Lynne, I'm so sorry for you loss. It must be so hard to lose such a cherished friend and companion. You have done all you could for him in life and he can no longer feel any pain so please don't worry that you're not being respectful by handling him. It sounds like you've made a lovely box for him - talk to him gently as you put him into the box, as if he were just sleeping, and try not to think about death. Tuck him in and tell him he will always be in your heart. Then try to remember the good things and keep his memory, as your lovely warm friend, in your thoughts.

We are thinking of you. (Hug)
Lynnie
New Cat Chatter

Re: PLEASE HELP, MERLIN'S MUM

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks so much to you all, what a lovely bunch of people you are...he is still tucked away, and am just thinking and talking about lovely memories. Seriously, thankyou for taking the time, I hope to chat when things are more settled, with love Lynne xx