Lost my cat

Help & Support for those who have lost a beloved cat
Afalia
New Cat Chatter

Lost my cat

Post by Afalia »

Hi everyone
I just can't stop crying since yesterday morning, my neighbour called me and told me that she saw my cat laying dead in my backyard, i didn't know how i ran like crazy to see if it was really him,he was there lifeless i couldn't look at him seeing him like that, i was so afraid to touch him i cried and cried ,then I hold him and buried him next to my favourite tree , my neighbour told me that she thinks that a dog attacked him, i am just here thinking that i couldn't protect him, he needed me ,he just died alone in a pain, he was calling for me ,i wasn't there can't stop thinking about that my heart is really broken.i did every thing to protect my sweet tiger i gave him all the love that i had in my heart . Please help me i'm really really heart broken, he was only 5 years old...
Thank you
TJH72
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Lost my cat

Post by TJH72 »

How I wish I could help. It's the hardest thing in the world to come to terms with. I lost my 3 yr old Phoebe 3 weeks ago. She was too adventurous. I watched her fall, just about 8 feet, and within 30 seconds she was gone forever. I've read cats can survive 5 storey falls, I'm finding it hard to accept. I blame myself. You just have to let yourself grieve. I hate to say but it will take time. I wasn't too bad yesterday but I've been crying most of today. What you feel is perfectly normal and you're not alone in what you're going through. I joined a couple of pet loss support groups on FB which does help a bit, to know others understand what you're going through. Rainbow Bridge Support Group and The Ralph Site Pet Loss Support Group. Might be worth looking them up. X
JaneyS
New Cat Chatter

Post by JaneyS »

So sorry for your loss. It's so very hard to lose a cat as they are part of your family. You cannot be around all the time and cats like to explore. Don't blame yourself.
issiandarchie+68
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by issiandarchie+68 »

My heart ❤ really goes out to you both on the loss of your beloved companions. I've lost 4 cats of varying ages to unexpected illness or old age over the last 5yrs and all I can say is guilt is an overriding emotion through the terrible heartbreak every time. It is a very recent tragedy for both of you, the pain very raw, but in time, it will ease. Unfortunately, life sometimes jumps out and gives us a kicking,and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. You will always find support on this forum to help ease your pain.

Issi