Help rehoming senior cat - newcastle upon Tyne area

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Mrsrutherford
New Cat Chatter

Help rehoming senior cat - newcastle upon Tyne area

Post by Mrsrutherford »

Hi there

My neighbour has passed away leaving a beautiful 12 year old female house cat behind. I have rang all local cat charities as well as shelters and they are unable to take the cat, either because they are at full capacity or they don't take in elderly cats.

I really don't know what to do, I can't keep the cat unfortunately and I don't know anybody who could, I really don't want to take her to a vet etc as I've been told that it's very difficult to rehome a old cat and many get put to sleep. This breaks my heart because she is a wonderful cat who needs a loving quiet home with a owner who can keep her company and cuddles.

Please can somebody advice me what I do??

Thanks
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help rehoming senior cat - newcastle upon Tyne area

Post by fjm »

I wonder if the Cinnamon Trust might be able to help?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help rehoming senior cat - newcastle upon Tyne area

Post by Kay »

I wouldn't call 12 old for a cat, not these days anyway - many cats live to 17 and more

how well was your neighbour known by others in your area? do you have a facebook page for your locality?

would it be possible for you to print off some flyers to put through local letterboxes asking if anyone could give this cat a home? how about any vet she used? vets sometimes know of someone who has just lost a cat

all work for you, of course, but if some such approach paid off the peace of mind it would give you would make it worth it