Cat home alone Tyne and Wear

Queries and discussions about cat rescue & rehoming
Oldladybaby1
Returning Cat Chatter

Cat home alone Tyne and Wear

Post by Oldladybaby1 »

Hi everyone

I'm hoping somebody out there can help us. I recently lost my grandma to cancer quite suddenly. My grandma lived alone with her beloved cat "Baby". Now grandma has gone Baby has been left all alone. Nobody in the family is able to take her myself included. I'm allergic to cats and I also have 2 dogs and 3 children which I think would terrify Baby.

Baby is a really shy timid girl and she's also quite old (we think 15 or 16) however she has no health problems that we know of. She is a house cat and would sometimes go to the outside yard but never leave it. She would sit beside my grandma all the time they were alone, but whenever anybody comes to house she goes to hide. She is black and white with pretty markings. I don't have a picture yet but I will attach one soon.

She would make a great companion for someone as she is very loving and she seems to be missing my grandma.

Thanks x
Oldladybaby1
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Cat home alone Tyne and Wear

Post by Oldladybaby1 »

I'd just like to say I got Babies ages wrong in the first post found out today she is 13 years old.

I've now got a few photos but I'm struggling to upload them onto the site but il keep trying.

Thanks x
Oldladybaby1
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Oldladybaby1 »

Hopefully this works and her photo is attached x
Attachments
image.jpg
(84.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image.jpg
(111.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Worked perfectly - she's lovely. I'm sorry about your grandmother, and hope you can find a home for her. If you've not done so already, I'd look up all the local shelters in your area on the Cat Chat home page and contact them a.s.a.p., as most (if not all) will be full and have a long waiting list for spaces.
Oldladybaby1
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Oldladybaby1 »

Thanks I started working my way through the list but everywhere is full and also some said wouldn't want to take her because of her age as she would be really hard to re home.
A friend of a friend recently lost 1 of her cats, so she may be interested in Baby and I'm told she really loves her cats and takes good care of them. That would be amazing if she does but just going to keep looking. X
Oldladybaby1
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Oldladybaby1 »

Happy News for Baby she has a new home. A couple have recently lost their cat also called Baby and also black and white. So she was perfect for them sent my dad pictures of her today looking happy and settled. So a happy ending thanks everyone x